Skip to content

Keyword Percentage

All,

Ia m trying to get the best  keyword  percentage in GSA   Any PRO's out there?. Here is my setup  below

Comments

• sickseosickseo London,UK
    Looking at your set up, I'd say there are far too many keywords to expect to see any results from running that campaign. It's hard to tell what the focus keyword is as you mixed them all into the one campaign. 

It looks like the main 6 keywords are:

hair weave
    hair extension
    kinky hair
    yaki hair
    weave hair extensions
    weave hair

If these are the main keywords you want to rank, personally these are the only keywords I would use in the campaigns.

All those other variations that you've added under partial match/secondary/branding/LSI will be used in total 85% of the time and generic/domain will be used 10% of the time. Do these other variations of keywords have search volume? Or are they just there to be used as variations of your main keywords?

This leaves only 5% of the links being used on the main 6 keywords which you are trying to rank. If only 5% of your links have your target keywords then your campaigns will be very ineffective each time you run them.

All you will achieve is increasing the authority of your website, but this won't be enough to move keyword rankings up. To do that, you need links with keywords in them and lots of them. Especially when chasing 2 word and 3 word phrases.

This is what I do with my T1 projects:

I've used the same 9 keywords in this project and have still managed to take care of the anchor ratios. secondary/branding is 10%. Generic/domain is 10% leaving a whopping 80% of links to be used on the 9 keywords. In comparison, this is a more efficient way to rank.

With your set up, you would need to run 16 of them to match the same number of T1 keyword anchors that one of my T1 projects would make.

This means it would take you 16 times longer to rank lol I usually take 4-6 weeks, so you would take 64-96 weeks lol It makes a big difference to ranking times.
    Thanked by 2Chip031261 spec
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited January 2022
    "Looking at your set up, I'd say there are far too many keywords to expect to see any results from running that campaign."

I just modified one of my old projects so that it generates a lot of good long-tail KWs via spintax. These KWs would all be helpful....

I am guessing that I should also keep another project going at T1, focusing on a set of ten crucial KWs...
  • sickseosickseo London,UK
    It all depends on how many keywords you are chasing. Of course there are lots of ways of doing it, but to make results happen quicker, using less keywords per campaign will make things happen faster.

If you have the resources to do it, then yes, using different projects for each set of keywords will give better results. 

So for one landing page, i've researched about 300 related keywords, all with decent search volume. As tempting as it would be to use all 300 keywords in one campaign, it wouldn't produce any results. But running campaigns in batches of 10 keywords makes those 10 keywords rank. Then I move on to the next set of 10 keywords. Or deploy multiple servers and get more GSA SER licenses and run them all at the same time with multiple campaigns.
  • Sicko Thanks.  You were  absolutely correct on my setup.  This is a  tier one setup..  with all articles  and  blog comment..etc  written by me and spun. You explanation was spot on
    Thanked by 1sickseo
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    sickseo said:
    But running campaigns in batches of 10 keywords makes those 10 keywords rank. Then I move on to the next set of 10 keywords.

ahhhh...I see. That makes sense. Then you use a Rank Tracker to see what projects need time to run to replace the dead links...?