Skip to content

Is It So That A Backlink Is Worthless Until Indexed On Google?

(That is, if we're trying to rank on Google.)

Does Google ever take back-links into consideration that appear in ZERO SERPs?

Comments

• sickseosickseo London,UK
    edited December 2021
    Every link you build that Google is aware of will count towards your ranking regardles of if it appears in the SERPs. The link being indexed counts as a bonus and is "supposed" to give more value towards your rankings than a non-indexed link. 

Google have different databases and the serving index is not the only source of data that they use to calculate a sites ranking. So even their cached copy of the link will still be used for their overall calculation of rankings.

As a minimum, you need to ensure all your links are crawled to make them count towards your rankings. A crawled link will do something. But an indexed link will do a lot more to boost your rankings.

• Just to add, I suspect there will be many that would disagree with me, but most of my links aren't indexed and I still have no trouble getting keywords to hit page 1 inside 4 weeks. lol

I'm using no indexing service and just building 3 tier pyramids of do follow links with the software.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    sickseo said:
    Google have different databases and the serving index is not the only source of data that they use to calculate a sites ranking.

ahhh now it makes perfect sense. Thanks for the clarification. This def helps. :)

• KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited December 2021
    sickseo said:
    Every link you build that Google is aware of will count towards your ranking regardles of if it appears in the SERPs. The link being indexed counts as a bonus and is "supposed" to give more value towards your rankings than a non-indexed link. 

Google have different databases and the serving index is not the only source of data that they use to calculate a sites ranking. So even their cached copy of the link will still be used for their overall calculation of rankings.

As a minimum, you need to ensure all your links are crawled to make them count towards your rankings. A crawled link will do something. But an indexed link will do a lot more to boost your rankings.

Yes it is totally fair. Google only puts in its index links that provide a user experience. Something that is totally normal. The crawled links which do not offer sufficient qualities for this "user experience" still transmit a certain power.
    Imagine in 2021 if for a request, Google placed thousands of profiles with a single content sentence for example ...
    Now a single quality link placed in a suitable semantic universe, on a site having Authority in its domain, is worth more than 100,000 lower quality links (this is an example).
  • @Deeeeeeee, test for yourself, open GSC, look at "Links", and then look every link that google recognized as your backlink, then test it using "site:" or "inurl:", try to find any of that link not indexed or indexed, then make your final conclusion if index important or not, that how you see on google eyes using their own tools. And please note that google see many factor to give authority and rank, but maybe backlink is the most big portions of it.