Skip to content

Project Lock

Just wondering if there's a use for this...

Sort of a way to keep a project status locked, and have an indicator visually?

So status cannot be changed? I dunno, maybe not a point in this

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    why you want a lock status? So noone can start that project unless e.g. a password is entered?
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    No,.just so I dont accidentally start projects I guess? Like T1s that have enough links.
    No PW necessary, just have to lock/unlock manually when changing project status.
    By that, I mean: User must right-click >> set status>> lock for 1/any/all selected
    then, even if change in state is made to whatever projects via saved or user selection, those particular projects that are locked must first be unlocked via same menu.

Locked projects can have a padlock or a color underlined so all other colors for project status are still visible...

I think I explained it clearer this time, but still don't know if it's worth doing? Sven, do you think it's useful at all?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I do it like this with such projects...I move them into a special group that I do not touch.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    edited December 2021
    Sven, that is a cool idea bc the T1s must be dealt with all in the same way (re-verification, no  new links, etc.)

But I feel like this would confuse me! lol I feel timid saying this because you're the creator of GSA! lol And of course, you know best and have tons and tons more use of SER!

But I think it would be cool to have a lock and visual indicator like the Status text could be red or something!

I also think a different background shade (a pale shade) when  a project is set to Active, Active Verify, etc when NOT running. Just a tinge of color, a muted shade. Then u can easily scan down  a list of projects and never miss one that's active, but off.