Skip to content

GSA Buttons Not Responding

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited December 2021 in GSA Search Engine Ranker
Don't know if this is a Windows 10 thing? Also this time have an Intel processor...

Never had this with SER in WIndows 7.

If I open a Project Data or a chart, I cannot get out of the windows.

On the Project Data popup, the Test and Tools buttons both function. I just can't get out of the box!

Also get SER crashing, and that really didnt happen on my old machine either.

Any suggestions? I also seem to have issues on this machine with buttons not responding in the browser.  But only certain open windows. Very weird...

Edit: This is an intermittent issue. It's almost every day at least once.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Strange...it should work fine on Windows7 and even on XP.
    Can you send a screenshot so I know where exactly it happens? Also send a bugreport if possible.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited December 2021
    SER worked without this error ever happening on my older machines.

This new machine is Windows 10. It has only happened with this machine. It is not a constant issue, but it does happen.

I will definitely send a screen shot, but bc Im stuck in a popup window I cant send an error report!

Sven, is there a way to have a keyboard shortcut within SER that can send an error report even when stuck within a popup window? Or is this kind of unusual and not common at all?

Thanks. :)

P.S. Not sure if I was clear. So, for example, it would be like the CANCEL and SAVE COMMENT buttons on this text editor on the GSA forum were not working.  Within the open window, all functions seem to work just fine. I first noticed it happening with the charts. This was the first time it happened in the project window.
    Sven, this looks to me like a Windows issue!

I say this because when I merely hover over certain buttons (at certain times) odd stuff happens.

This is before SER even processed the click.

Took a vid; will send via email.

This is yet another odd behavior that in this case cant seem to even be SER!!
    Sven , this is what I have...
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    hmm this can happen if SER is busy in main thread with other things but this should not happen at all. Maybe there is also another window opened in background. I really would need to check this live I guess.