Skip to content

GSA Links

I'm glad to welcome everyone who came here!
I have a question about the number of links that need to place on Tier 2/Tier 3.

I have a base of 500,000 links. How many links do I need to place for each level?
The question is rather individual and depends on the project, but maybe there is an average number?

Also, which engines from the base are better to use?

Thank you!
Tagged:

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Codov said:
    I have a base of 500,000 links. How many links do I need to place for each level?
    The question is rather individual and depends on the project, but maybe there is an average number?
    Do you mean Tier 1, like links pointing directly at your money site or YT vid or whatever?

I can say you don't want to create neat footprints! lol I guess chaos is good here?

UNpatterning may be good.

BUT...like you, I would love to see what actual experienced users do.

And, what engines people think are good.

I am trying to refine my GSA use practices. Going from just running blindly to actually using it in a nuanced way for even better results. :)
    Thanked by 1draculax
  • Deeeeeeee said:
    Codov said:
    Do you mean Tier 1, like links pointing directly at your money site or YT vid or whatever?

I can say you don't want to create neat footprints! lol I guess chaos is good here?

UNpatterning may be good.

BUT...like you, I would love to see what actual experienced users do.

And, what engines people think are good.

I am trying to refine my GSA use practices. Going from just running blindly to actually using it in a nuanced way for even better results. :)
    Hi! Thanks for the answer. No, I don't mean Tier 1; I mean Tier 2 and Tier 3
    You're right. Chaos is what's needed.

Let's try to wait for an answer together :D
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    Codov said:

Let's try to wait for an answer together :D

Bro,,,I am really clueless. It's sad, really.

And,,,what I do know, I don't even apply.

In the process of changing that, finally, after mis-prioritizing for a looong time! ;)
  • sickseosickseo London,UK
    edited December 2021
    I normally aim for 5-10 inbound links across 3 tiers. It is enough to see movements in rankings. To do more than that requires a lot of resources and time. The more you can do the better for sure., but it also increases the number of T3 links required as you create each T2.

Try doing 100 inbound links to each T1 and T2. Results will be impressive, but it will take months to finish building that, especially when you have 500,000 urls as your base.

Also, to try to build hundreds or even thousands of links to every single url, it's really not necessary. If you think about how the DA of a page/site actually increases, the intial increase is much easier, say from DA/PA 0 to increase to DA/PA 20. But to then increase that to DA/PA 40 takes considerably more work and backlinks. It's actually not worth doing and is easier to just make some new tier 2 and tier 3 links with much less inbound links, for example, 5-10 inbound links.

In terms of engine I normally use just do follow links with less than 100 obls.

I also do this sometimes as well using both no follow and do follow:

But if you start using no follow links in your tiers, then you need to be doing this:

This will make sure you only point links at do follow links whilst you're still building no follow links in your tiers.
    Thanked by 1Tropics
    edited December 2021
    sickseo said:
     to try to build hundreds or even thousands of links to every single url, it's really not necessary.

SO what if this is what I've already done? I know I must have overdone it.,,. :cold_sweat:
  • lol You can't over do it in SEO. But it might be time to move on to new links and power them up instead.

There would have come a point where building more links in your tiers would have had no noticeable impact.

I prefer to just build an entire pyramid in one go. Once it's finished, I build another one. So all links in tiers are new each time I build another pyramid. So i'm just focusing on getting that inital increase in authority/trust from 0-20.

Also means that I'm getting new tier 1 links with keyword anchors in each pyramid, and these are what move your rankings up.

Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    "There would have come a point where building more links in your tiers would have had no noticeable impact. "

Seems I am there on a few projects!! So then just make new pyramids, starting at T1, you say?

Thank you, SickSEO! :) This is really helping.
  • If you send me one of your T1 projects set up with your urls, keywords and content, I'll convert it into one of my 3 tier pyramids for you. You just need to run these pyramids over and over and you'll see rankings move up and up.

You will need to have a decent number of sites in your site list though. It will make 3-5 inbound links on average for the T1 and T2 links. It only uses 13 projects so per server you can run 10 of them simultaneously.

I've also got a bigger 3 tier pyramid which makes about 10 inbound links for each T1 and T2. Much more powerful and utilises 111 projects. Can only run 1 of these per server and usually hits the memory limit of the software.
    Thanked by 1draculax
  • sickseo said:
    If you send me one of your T1 projects set up with your urls, keywords and content, I'll convert it into one of my 3 tier pyramids for you. You just need to run these pyramids over and over and you'll see rankings move up and up.

You will need to have a decent number of sites in your site list though. It will make 3-5 inbound links on average for the T1 and T2 links. It only uses 13 projects so per server you can run 10 of them simultaneously.

I've also got a bigger 3 tier pyramid which makes about 10 inbound links for each T1 and T2. Much more powerful and utilises 111 projects. Can only run 1 of these per server and usually hits the memory limit of the software.

Thank you for your answers! 
    But I still don't quite understand. Do I have to make a Web 2.0 site (Blogspot, WordPress, Tumblr) with GSA only 10 links? :))) 
  • If you want to use web 2.0 and use them as your permanent T1 links, then that would require a different strategy. You would continuously power them up till the PA was as high as the DA of the site. In this case 10 inbound links would not be enough. I'd be aiming at 100-1000 inbound links. 

What I was talking about above is how I use GSA as T1, T2 and T3 and automate the building of 3 tiers with pyramids. Once it is finished, I delete all links and start over again. This gives minimal PA increase on the T1 and T2 links, but this is enough to move rankings  up.

Very different strategy to keeping your T1 links and powering them up over and over again with 2 extra tiers.

edited December 2021
    I don't seem to be seeing any movement in the SERPs. I have applied what I learned, but still no movement.
    I also don't see my T1s indexing. I have both been sending T2s to them, as well as using an indexer, on the MS, T1s, T2s as well...
    I tried using a purchased list, my own Verified list, as well as SER scraping in real-time.
    Still, nothing is happening. I def need help with this. :tired_face:
    Anyone interested in tutoring me?
  • Send me your finished projects so I can take a look at what you're doing. How many verified links are in each of your tiers? Links not being indexed is a big issue.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    "I normally aim for 5-10 inbound links across 3 tiers."

I am sorry but I don't understand. What does this mean?
    edited December 2021
    SO Let's say:

MS<<---1 T1 link<----??? T2 links<--- ?? T3 links ..etc

so for every T1 link, how many T2 and T3?
  • odinotodinot Earth's inner core
    sickseo said:
    If you send me one of your T1 projects set up with your urls, keywords and content, I'll convert it into one of my 3 tier pyramids for you. You just need to run these pyramids over and over and you'll see rankings move up and up.

"When you says decent number of sites in your site list". Mind if I ask, what is the minimum? I keep seeing senior members saying millions of backlinks per day for Tier3.

Everyday I am scraping > extracting ten of millions domains. And then when when u start filtering invalid URLS and remove duplicate domains. From 100millions domains you are only left with like ~3millions. Furthermore from these 3millions of domains, I then fed it into GSA PI. Let it monitor and identify, a good chunk of it was already identified like 90% of them. Only 10% is fresh. On GSA PI I enabled "Skip blacklisted URLs" & "Add processed URLs to the blacklist database" so to not waste resources re-identifying identified URLs and to prevent duplicates. And another GSA PI project on the same VPS instance that remove duplicates with "Remove duplicates domains instead of URLs".

I have been building verified list all these while. Have yet to really start a campaign. So I would like to ask if this is even enough? That's what baffled me when we have to build 1.5millions links per day for Tier3.

Does that 1.5millions involve with "Allow posting on same sites again"?

edited January 2022
    I do use that setting "posting on same sites again". It does make more links per project. The most i've seen in 1 install is 5 million links, but I usually get memory errors at around 3 million. It's not that difficult to make 1.5 million links with GSA SER. It can do it in 2-3 days. That's total numbers for one install which might be running 150 projects making 50,000 links per project. That's not unique domains.

sickseo said:
    I do use that setting "posting on same sites again". It does make more links per project. The most i've seen in 1 install is 5 million links, but I usually get memory errors at around 3 million. It's not that difficult to make 1.5 million links with GSA SER. It can do it in 2-3 days. That's total numbers for one install which might be running 150 projects making 50,000 links per project. That's not unique domains.

Is it okay if most of the links are repeated with the same URLs? May I know what engine types you have in your list that has the most number of verified links?

It is weird that my articles engine has way more verified links than blog comment/trac or other easier to post engines?
    edited January 2022
    I'm actually surprised at your article numbers. Have you run this list through GSA SER, or is this list what platform identifier has created?

I've hardly got any article sites. My biggest are forums, url shorteners, exploits and indexers. My blog comments were at about 9k last time I built my list, but most of these are no follow. It keeps growing as I scrape and test my raw list.

The only issues I've seen when reposting on same sites is that some will give you the same url instead of a new url. Indexers do this and some url shorteners. Even some blog comments will repost on same blog comment page, whilst others with pagination will eventually give you a link on a new url. These platforms I use heavily on my T2 and T3 as they need to be pointed at new urls to get a new link from them. They can only be used on T1 once per url.

It's fine to post to same sites again. This is how you make new links with more keyword anchors. It won't help your DA but the links will still count towards increasing your ranking for the keyword in the anchor text.

But if want to make links with new urls, then I normally stick to article, forum, exploits, microblog, social network, url shorteners and wiki on T1. I only keep do follow engines and those that do both do follow and no follow.
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    sickseo said:
    I normally aim for 5-10 inbound links across 3 tiers. It is enough to see movements in rankings. To do more than that requires a lot of resources and time. The more you can do the better for sure., but it also increases the number of T3 links required as you create each T2.

Try doing 100 inbound links to each T1 and T2. Results will be impressive, but it will take months to finish building that, especially when you have 500,000 urls as your base.

Also, to try to build hundreds or even thousands of links to every single url, it's really not necessary. If you think about how the DA of a page/site actually increases, the intial increase is much easier, say from DA/PA 0 to increase to DA/PA 20. But to then increase that to DA/PA 40 takes considerably more work and backlinks. It's actually not worth doing and is easier to just make some new tier 2 and tier 3 links with much less inbound links, for example, 5-10 inbound links.

But if you start using no follow links in your tiers, then you need to be doing this:

This will make sure you only point links at do follow links whilst you're still building no follow links in your tiers.
    sickseo said:

Why not tick that 'idexable only' box along with the dofollow only option? I'm glad to see that option...any list I'm using again and again I've been filtering in sbox page scanner addon for noindex tags...some sites can be dofollow but noindex.

For the big tiers...when you say it takes 13 or the really big one 111 projects...you have it seperated by platform per project or why not just have it lumped into one big tiered project...dont mean to be dense im just having trouble visualizing what you mean with the structure.
    edited January 2022
    sickseo said:
    I'm actually surprised at your article numbers. Have you run this list through GSA SER, or is this list what platform identifier has created?

I've hardly got any article sites. My biggest are forums, url shorteners, exploits and indexers. My blog comments were at about 9k last time I built my list, but most of these are no follow. It keeps growing as I scrape and test my raw list.

The only issues I've seen when reposting on same sites is that some will give you the same url instead of a new url. Indexers do this and some url shorteners. Even some blog comments will repost on same blog comment page, whilst others with pagination will eventually give you a link on a new url. These platforms I use heavily on my T2 and T3 as they need to be pointed at new urls to get a new link from them. They can only be used on T1 once per url.

It's fine to post to same sites again. This is how you make new links with more keyword anchors. It won't help your DA but the links will still count towards increasing your ranking for the keyword in the anchor text.

But if want to make links with new urls, then I normally stick to article, forum, exploits, microblog, social network, url shorteners and wiki on T1. I only keep do follow engines and those that do both do follow and no follow.

The 21k articles count(if you are referring to the bottom image) was run through GSA SER and verified. I was doubting whether I had enough links for T2/T3. That's why I asked you for advice. Thank you for your inputs. Anyhow, I do send you a PM.
    sickseo said:

sickseo said:

Why not tick that 'idexable only' box along with the dofollow only option? I'm glad to see that option...any list I'm using again and again I've been filtering in sbox page scanner addon for noindex tags...some sites can be dofollow but noindex.

For the big tiers...when you say it takes 13 or the really big one 111 projects...you have it seperated by platform per project or why not just have it lumped into one big tiered project...dont mean to be dense im just having trouble visualizing what you mean with the structure.
    In all the years i've used gsa ser, i've never ticked that indexable box. I'll have to explore it more before using it, as I've no idea which engines have been tagged as indexable in the software. I tend to use as less options as possible to get links from as many sites as I can.

Let me show you some pictures of some templates I use. 

1-3-9 - 3 Tier pyramid (13 projects)

1-10-100 - 3 Tier Pyramid (111 projects)

Hopefully you can see the difference between the 2 templates. They both automate 3 tiers of do follow links very nicely. T1 settings will be different to T2/3 settings. Even this I change around a lot, but mainly it's do follow link sources I'm after. On tier 1, it's just keyword anchors/url anchors that are do follow. But things like url shorteners really help with authority and diluting anchor text profiles. I've got google backlinks with DA 100 in my site list.

Right now I'm playing with 2 tier templates to see if that's enough to move keywords up. 2 tier templates I prefer as they use a lot less resources and you can build a heck of a lot of referring domains on the T1 links. Hard to do that with the 3 tier templates.

These templates are the ones I've been using for maybe 2 years now. They work very well for google rankings. For some clients I've got keywords with 100,000 search volume ranked in 3 weeks. They literally hit page 1 in week 3, which is the fastest I've ranked a keyword, let alone a big search volume keyword. This is just GSA to money site. No other link sources on that project.

The capacity of one install is about 120-150 projects, depending on the site list and engines used. Which means I can either run 10 of the 1-3-9 per server (lots of powered up T1 links with keyword anchors), or 1 of the 1-10-100 (lot less T1 links, but they are extrememly powerful). They both produce different results in different time frames. There's loads you can do with this software.