Skip to content

What am i doing wrong here?

googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
edited December 2021 in Need Help
Heres my settings in gsa for captchas...I just hovered over each one to check the stats and I dunno what I'm doing wrong

2 captcha says
Solved 9

Failed 5373

I'm pretty sure most if not all of the solves are from just adding it as the captcha solver for serengines

Death by captcha has similar numbers

CB has 1405 solved
374 detected as wrong
1238 failed

I have 2captcha and dbc unchecked in the cb settings but have the 'run as webserver' checked...im going to try unchecking the 'run as webserver' box as ive been unsure of that option either way based on reading other related threads.

But regardless it should still be sending captchas to dbc and 2cap if cb fails right?  What am I missing here?

I've been running thru tens, probably hundreds at this point, of thousand of identified links to check which ones are submittable/verifiable from my scraping projects. Seems like there should be many more total requests not to mention the crazy numbers in 2cap and dbc

Thanks

Comments

• The run as webserver option enables GSA CB to recieve and solve captchas from other servers/vps you may have. If you aren't doing that, then no need to enable it. It shouldn't affect performance either way.

Are you using paid captcha solving services to test a raw scraped list? That's expensive lol I'm not brave enough to do that!

I just run my lists through XEvil. But no idea what's happenning with these failures. If balance checks with dbc and 2captcha work then it should be working.

With 3 retries, wouldn't that also mean that for every captcha that failed the stats would show 4 instead of 1, as it will retry 3 times.
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    sickseo said:
    The run as webserver option enables GSA CB to recieve and solve captchas from other servers/vps you may have. If you aren't doing that, then no need to enable it. It shouldn't affect performance either way.

Are you using paid captcha solving services to test a raw scraped list? That's expensive lol I'm not brave enough to do that!

I just run my lists through XEvil. But no idea what's happenning with these failures. If balance checks with dbc and 2captcha work then it should be working.

With 3 retries, wouldn't that also mean that for every captcha that failed the stats would show 4 instead of 1, as it will retry 3 times.
    via an api or how would one even do that vs having a copy of cb running on the vps itself? ill disable that webserver option if thats the case just to be sure as im running it on my desktop, and am about to setup a new vps and will run it directly on their too

raw scrapes are run thru platform identifier first before dumping into gsa
  • Instead of having multiple servers with an install of GSA CB running on each, you'd install it on one vps only and enable webserver option using the ip of the server. Make note of the ip and use that ip on all the other vps running gsa ser. In gsa ser you'd add captcha solving service "2captcha api with ip" and use the ip of the server where gsa cb is installed. Make sure you have 2captcha service enabled in gsa cb.

It should work with any of the listed services that show "api with ip". 

Do a balance check to see if it is working.

Thanked by 1googlealchemist
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    sickseo said:
    Instead of having multiple servers with an install of GSA CB running on each, you'd install it on one vps only and enable webserver option using the ip of the server. Make note of the ip and use that ip on all the other vps running gsa ser. In gsa ser you'd add captcha solving service "2captcha api with ip" and use the ip of the server where gsa cb is installed. Make sure you have 2captcha service enabled in gsa cb.

It should work with any of the listed services that show "api with ip". 

Do a balance check to see if it is working.

thanks for laying that out, that makes sense. ive seen some of your other posts talking about your various setups and how many servers etc you have going. ill have to use this setup as i start to scale out...i guess it would be silly to buy a separate license for each vps.

is there a limit to how many different vps/threads you can send to one install or is there a setting to be adjusted in cb to prevent it from becoming bogged down and losing effectiveness?

y does cb go thru the 2captcha option though? how does that affect me wanting to use 2cap as the secondary service for the captchas cb fails to solve?
  • Yes, there is a limit. I think with GSA CB it's 999 simultaneous captchas. You'll just have to test it and see what makes it crash.

You don't have to use just 2captcha, you can use some of the others too. Any of them that have the "api with ip" option will work. There is decaptcha and deathbycaptcha too. They all work in the same way. It just simulates the service and sends it to the ip to solve where you have gsa cb installed.