Skip to content

GSACG>>GSASER Exporting Articles to Projects

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited September 2021 in GSA Content Generator
Are the articles suppposed to automatically show up when I view the articles pane of a SER project, when that project was selected for output by CG? I am seeing nothing right now. Wondering where I'm going wrong. Do not have [ ] Create a ZIP checked...

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited September 2021
    It's always better to not edit the project you export to, but then when editing after export, they should show up.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    So you mean don't leave a project open while Content Generator is sending the content to THAT project?
    The article set doesn't seem to ever arrive!!!
    they do arrive and also get added. When you modify anything in SER on the articles, SER detects external changes and asks you if you want to save your SER data or use the external changes.
    edited September 2021
    Sven, I've tried a few times now. No articles ever arrive! :(

CG indicates "exporting" but that's it.
    will need to check that next week then.
    I have just checked it and it works as expected for me.
    Though it will not show any message about new content found if there is no need for SER to even save articles.
    edited September 2021
    I'm not sure I understand. If I open a project after GC has exported to SER, and have the Article Manager  pane open, shouldn't the new articles be listed after being imported successfully?

Update: Sven, when I hit the export button (bottom right) I'm informed that the files are being overwritten. (This is after I just rana CG project and scraped, created articles, and exported to a SER project.)

For some reason, NOW the articles appear in the project Article Manager, but not when sent via a running project set to export. But they had to be overwritten, so what could that mean?
    Articles will not refresh ones you have exported to a project being opened in SER. They will appear ones you close/reopen the project in SER.
    You can overwrite or append. Both should work.

Hmm...Even when I have the project closed, and then open, the articles do not appear, when exported in CG within a project.

The only way I've gotten articles to successfully import and show up was manually exporting, using the button.

But the articles DID import to SER, as when I used the button, CG indicated the files were overwriting.

So why don't they show using the project settings to export?

Maybe I'll try a different project in SER to import to...?
    so auto export does not work but export via button does?
    edited September 2021
    That's what's weird, Sven.
    Auto export must be sending the articles, else CG wouldn't be overwriting them on user clicking the button.
    But yeah, the articles only appear after the use of the button. What else could be happening?
    I have to debug this and fix things then...
    I did debug it and all looks ok over here. If possible, send me the project backup from CG.
    edited September 2021
    OK.  Will do. Sending today.  Thanks, Sven.  :)

I am going to try the export function with other projects. The project I've been testing with has a  name with a few non-alphanumeric characters. Could that be of issue?

In the past, if I tried creating a project name with a weird character in Search Engine Ranker, SER would turn it into an underscore or dash.  It happened only a few times.  Hmm...
    edited September 2021
    Ohhh..this may be more relevant: I'm hitting Skip while running the project. on scrape articles. Hitting skip again on extra data collection.
    Sven, do you need both SER and CG projects?
    Working perfectly now.

Don't know what conditions differed. I didn't change any other SER/CG project settings. :(
    Restarted both programs, tho.