Skip to content

Useless Feature? Sentences source highlighting

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited September 2021 in GSA Content Generator
Would it be worth your time, Sven, to change the output so that each sentence in previewed articles has a pop-up when hovered over, indicating the origin article #, title, paragraph #, sentence #?

Sorry, Sven! I know you're busy with more important things! And, trying to enjoy late Summer! :relaxed:

Also, many, many thanks for the ridiculous number of recent program improvements! :)

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited September 2021
    Since the HTML output works fine for article previews, and it's  just a passive screen, maybe that's a bad place for it. Best leave that alone,  plus there are serious limitations.

I guess a raw unformatted output of the article's text in another window that opens via right-click as an option when an article is highlighted, would be better? You can ONLY use this tool to find out sentence origin.

You could then later add in more features to delete,  swap sentences, or do other stuff, impossible to implement using my first suggestion. Plus, it's not about the photos or add-ins. It's a feature JUST to examine/edit(?) sentences with origins shown. It doesn't make sense to put it on a preview page.

edited September 2021
    You can have a toggle for different sources highlighted in different colors/highlight a single source, too.
    Sorry,  Sven. I know I'm being a pain . :expressionless:
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well right now you can click on the article via right mouse button and show the used sources. That however is not per sentence but by globally.
    I guess to split this up per sentence would be possible as well, but not after spin syntax is added. I don't think this is much useful though. Personally I would just edit that article and change sentences the way I want and not rely too much on the sources used.
    For what exactly would you use this?
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    edited September 2021
    I guess this would serve as a quick graphical view of an article..maybe give the user better idea of what is where, and from which source...at a glance?  I'm thinking for use in higher tier (lower #) articles/other filler articles that should be high quality and Copyscape-passed.

And, then edit: Easily swap out sentences, with GUI, maybe show ten sentences at top from project pool of yet unused sentences, that have similar KWs, if any are present?

I know this may be overthinking the whole thing. :expressionless: It is fun just coming up with ideas, either way. :yum:
    Never trying to waste your time, Sven!

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    wouldn't that more fit in to the EDIT dialog where you have the ability to search for sentences and keywords and ngrams already?
    Yeah, actually....