Skip to content

is 43 GB TOO MUCH ?

my gsa captcha breaker is 43 GB in memory, & with everything else, such as gsa ser , there wasnt enough memory
on the vps to unpack all the files, is there a way to see that all the files in gsa captcha breaker are needed ?
(like the cleanup setting in gsa search engine ranker that deletes all non-working urls)

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You must have mixed something up here.
    1. CB installed is just 197 MB
    2. CB uses also not that much memory, it's 32 bit and can not even access more than 3GB of RAM...it uses a low less though
    3. Maybe you have enabled the option to save captchas. That would end in a lot of data being used. You can just delete the saved captchas and uncheck the options.
  • "Maybe you have enabled the option to save captchas."

I think i did have this enabled, but not sure because its unticked after reinstalling it on a different vps.

i think i had it enabled so that it would be more accurate when detecting the captchas, what difference does it make if you save the captchas or not ?

+ how do you delete the captchas if i wanted to do this ?

If you are not actively using the saved captchas in the SDK to improve or add new types, it's useless to save them. Just disable that option.
    In the folders defined, please use the explorer and delete everything.
  • "If you are not actively using the saved captchas in the SDK to improve or add new types"

i dont get this bit ?

im not doing it, but i didnt know how you could improve detection rates for the captchas, i thought you just saved them & it used previous ones to improve the detection rate.
    just saving captchas is not enough to improve anything. If you just don't use the captchas saved, then you can as well disable the options.

• ok if i am deleting all the captchas
    c > program files(x86) > gsa captcha breaker

there is a folder for "solved" & unsolved"  do i delete both folders ?

• & just delete everything in the folders ?
    yes delete that all, you don't need it.
  • I run Xrumer + Xevil + Hrefer + GSA SER and all of them never go more than 30 gb ram.
  • Wow! not more than 15gb here

• I run Xrumer + Xevil + Hrefer + GSA SER and all of them never go more than 30 gb ram.

it was not ram, it was hard disk space