Skip to content

use generic anchor text NOT working

edited March 2013 in Need Help
On my older projects it was and now with some new ones I have running after a few hundred tier one links none of them have any generic anchor text. I have it set to Article, Microblog, Social Network and Web2.0 I have use generic anchor text checked and my list of generics is topped up. What am I missing. Is there a good type of sites to use for the generic anchor text?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

For some platforms there is no generic anchor text. For blog comments this generic one is a valid looking name, for the rest it is usually something like "website here" or alike.

I don't know why it would not work for you but working fine for me all the time.

• I am thinking it has to do with the platforms I have selected?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    No, just the law of math. You probably have too small a sample size. Do yourself a favor. Remove all real anchors - for a day - and just run the project with generic anchors. Then go back to what you had.
  • Wow... that is exactly what I just finished doing five minutes ago.. I am finding that I am getting to many real or domain name as anchors anyway. I think you are right and will post back in an hour or so. Thanks ron

• edited March 2013
    Yes that worked...