Skip to content

Custom macro's not being recognized

edited December 2020 in GSA Website Contact
Sven,
Thanks for this powerful tool and frequent updates, much appreciated it!
The last time I used the tool was a few months ago so I am not sure if my issue is a bug in the software or that I simply forgot to import macro's correctly.
I am trying to import the following csv:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vkojHxbPqGyevSRFwXMmm5BiFPaSpeA_/view?usp=sharing

As you can see, this CSV has 3 columns: URL, niche, and user
When I import this file to the tool, the URLs are being added to the project Successfully, but the other 2 custom macro's (niche and user) are not being recognized.

And this is how I am trying to use the custom macros in my message:
Hello, your area is %niche% and your value is %user%

What have I done wrong?
How can I make the tool recognize the %niche% and the %user% values?

Just to clarify: I am assuming that the tool does not recognize the %niche% and the %user%, because when I click on "Start" > "Send message (+check)" I first see a little grey box with a preview of my message, in this grey box I see only the message WITHOUT the %niche% and the %user% values.
Does the preview text indicate that the %niche% and the %user% values will NOT appear in the real recipient message just because they does not appear in the preview message?

Thanks!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    This all works perfectly on my end as seen below:
    I used this as message to test:
    hi there %user% :)<br><br>found you here %url%<br>niche: %niche%

• May I know why %user% directly put in message no use CSV can't show in massage?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    sorry I don't know what you mean. As you see in my previous message, all works as expected.
  • Sven said:
    sorry I don't know what you mean. As you see in my previous message, all works as expected.
    Thank you so much Sven,
    Yes, it seems that all work fine with the csv I attached to my previous message.
    The thing that confused me was the preview window that does NOT show the data in the macro field:

But this data was actually imported successfully from the csv file:

So all is good!