Skip to content

Looking to run GSA and SEO tools on dedicated computer

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited December 2020 in GSA Search Engine Ranker
Greetings, fellow SEO & GSA enthusiasts!
I have decided, as I am in the midst of upgrading most of my "processes" IRL, to get another computer, so SER and companion programs, can run 24/7 on a dedicated machine.
This will allow me to use a machine solely for photo editing, web browsing, FTPing to servers, writing articles, using Notepad++ to modify/create stuff, and whatever other work-related tasks I do.  Also playing YT videos. As it is, SER runs when I am not using the machine. I can go further if I had 24/7 use of the computer just for GSA.
Anyone have any suggestions? I know I can just get a VPS, also. Any pros/cons? Any suggestions as far as OS?  Is Win 10 best for SER, if I am going to setup a new machine? Currently running on Win7. 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I really suggest investing into a VPS here. It's way more convenient than running your own server/PC and of course the network connection should be a lot better which is a main bottleneck for SER and SEO in general.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited December 2020
    "I really suggest investing into a VPS here."
    GSA users: any suggestions on which are most reliable?

"It's way more convenient than running your own server/PC"
    I did want to just set up a dedicated  local machine with a dedi monitor so I always have SER on-screen. I am concerned that with a VPS I will just not pay enough attention to my SEO.

"the network connection should be a lot better "
    I guess this is a big consideration...
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    You can still have gsa ser on a dedi screen even it is on the vps, just keep the remote desktop screen open, minimize it, load it on a separate monitor.

If you are looking for a vps package here is a option for you. https://asiavirtualsolutions.com/product/gsa-ser-vps-hosting/

pm me if you have any questions
    Thanks, Michael. I like the 10 Gbps speed on your VPS...I have 71.5 Mbps download, 86.5 Mbps upload, Latency: 8 ms on the internet connection I presently use with SER.

I'll think about it...thanks for the info!

• I have a 600MB up/down fiber optics internet and the max threads I can use with SER is 50. Or actually it was with my previous provider. I haven't bothered checking it with the new one but can't imagine it to be any better.

You may upgrade your router and that may help. Sven once said that Fritz routers are awesome but I don't know anyone who ever tried one with SER.
    But if you upgrade and everything works flawlessly there is still your provider who may not like what you do on their network and asks you not to do it.

So, if you feel you've grown out your current setup the best thing you can do is to get a vps
    "So, if you feel you've grown out your current setup the best thing you can do is to get a vps"

It's just that I am under-utilizing even what I have right now.

There is cost to consider, either way, so at the moment I'm still just thinking...

Thanks..........! :)
  • If you are using Dropbox for list syncing or whatever checkout wether Dropbox ban their Ips recently dropbox started to lock IPS where file change too often. I am having issues with syncing issues and had to restart time to time. It happens with some IP ranges. If having issue tell them and change. They will say there is not a thing buy i contacted with Dropbox and they confirmed it
  • I prefer having the windows server 2012 rather than the other once when using gsa ser and other seo tools. It could just be I'm more friendlier with that server. Does anyone else prefer using 2012?
  • Also looking for recommendations. Planning to let ser run 24/7 from next year. does anyone have recommendations?
  • Can anyone recommend a vps from solidseovps that would run a decent lpm for 20-30 projects ?
  • Take a decicated Server for 20$/month with Kimsufi
    You just need to install windows server (you can find the tutorial on the web)
    For 20$ no need to have a computer home :)