Skip to content

how to stop it posting to same domain multiple times

the project keeps posting to blog comment sites many, many times,

i have unselected
options>"use urls verified linking on same verified url"

& also unselected
options>scheduled posting>"allow posting on same site again"

but the projects keep posting (blog comments) to different urls on the same domains (many different domains) over & over again

anyone know how to stop this ?

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited December 2020
    Hmm...There's
    ☐Use URLs linking on same verified URL (supported by some engines only)  ☐ Don't add
    also
    ☐ Allow posting on same site again
    In each individual project data>>Options pane.

Not completely sure what the difference is, but it may be either that turns this off. Or, neither. Just trying to help and realize now I don't know the answer.  :(  Sorry. Anyone else certain?
  • ive turned them both off (unticked)

if your getting loads of links from the same domain but different urls, linking to the above tier, its not beneficial and actually looks suspicious/manipulated to google.

loads of urls on same domain linking to above tier that in the end point to the same domain.

"ive turned them both off (unticked) "
    Just curious: did you try unticking one and then the other to see which one controls this?
    "...loads of links from the same domain but different urls...looks suspicious/manipulated to google."
    I definitely believe you that Google sees it this way. But in real life if you are posting comments on some site you're genuinely interested in, wouldn't you have a good chance of posting on more than one article? And wouldn't you usually use the same link in your sig or whatever?
  • no, i dont think so, google picks up patterns very easily & always,

tier 3 -loads of blog comments on same domain linking to lots of third party sites
    tier 2 - lots of different domains on different ip addresses
    top tier - all these sites linking to same domain

apart from that im sure google is only going to count one of those links, not all, and apart from that, it does'nt really help because if you have 20 links on one domain, but the domain doesnt get crawled, then you've lost 20 links.

also, is there a way to change all projects doing this,
    i.e. select all projects, right click>modify project etc

"Just curious: did you try unticking one and then the other to see which one controls this?"

i dont think they are connect (i think)
    i searched on the forum & this one (according to Sven)
    extracts the links on that page & then tries to post to where they are getting links.

&
    options>scheduled posting>"allow posting on same site again"
    is for (sort of) posting one article without a link, then putting links in subsequent articles so to get a higher approval rating if the articles are moderated on the site.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Do you have this "per URL" checked anywhere?
  • you mean under
    project options>"scheduled posting"  >"per url"

no, it is not ticked because it is greyed out & it looks like you have to have "allow posting on same site again" ticked to be able to tick it.

ive looked everywhere under "options" & cant see "per url" anywhere else, ive also looked for anything that might be causing it & cant see anything.

the urls are taken from the verified site lists within gsa
    i use "dummy" projects to parse through all the scraped urls & save them as verified, these projects have everything ticked or may not,

i checked them & all the ones i checked (for the dummy scraping sites) have allow posting on same site again, (for articles) but not "per url"

but the "money site" projects are taking the urls from the verified lists that are created by the dummy projects & none of them have "per url" ticked

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    please send the project backup in private message for a closer look.
    "i searched on the forum & this one (according to Sven)
    extracts the links on that page & then tries to post to where they are getting links."

Hmm...Very interesting feature. I am pretty sure I didn't know about this. What's the "don't add" checkbox for?
    How does this differ from "Analyse and post on competitor's backlinks?"

"is for (sort of) posting one article without a link, then putting links in subsequent articles so to get a higher approval rating if the articles are moderated on the site."
    Yeah, this is for really managing accounts, and can actually schedule posting to keep the account within the bounds of legitimacy. I really want to use SER in this way, but honestly haven't. 
    Both very useful features....thanks.......!
  • How does this differ from "Analyse and post on competitor's backlinks?"

i dont know, i think that mentioned above searches the search engines for your main competitors & analyzes your competitors links & tries to post to them, but the

extracts the links on that same page & tries to post to other places where those links are found.

-------------
    What's the "don't add" checkbox for? 
    i dont know
    --------------

this is where i found the bit above

it says-

"it is taking your verified urls from e.g. guestbook engines and extracts every other external link from that page in the hope that others linked there tiers there. Those are usually also sites you can submit to."

edited December 2020
    "extracts every other external link from that page in the hope that others linked there tiers there."

Ahhhh....very cool idea....anyone ever turn this feature on? Can't be a bad way of getting lower tiered backlinks!

What's the "don't add" checkbox for? 
    i dont know

Hmm..maybe it adds to one of the global lists?? Very curious now.

• yes, its definitely a good idea, especially with blog comments, guestbooks etc, not with profile links because it will be creating a new url.

the thing is, how would you know how many extra links it is getting ?
  • i have it ticked on , on my scraping projects, but i dont know if or how many extra its getting, but i dont have "Analyse and post on competitor's backlinks?" ticked on, because its a lot less specific, if there are blog comments on the same page you are posting to, then theres a good chance you might be able to post to other places they are posting to
    edited December 2020
    "i searched on the forum & this one (according to Sven)
    extracts the links on that page & then tries to post to where they are getting links."
    Hmm...Very interesting feature. I am pretty sure I didn't know about this. What's the "don't ad" checkbox for?
    "is for (sort of) posting one article without a link, then putting links in subsequent articles so to get a higher approval rating if the articles are moderated on the site."
    Yeah, this is for really managing accounts, and can actually schedule posting to keep the account within the bounds of legitimacy. I really want to use SER in this way, but honestly haven't. 
    Both very useful features....thanks.......!
  • Hmm...Very interesting feature. I am pretty sure I didn't know about this. What's the "don't ad" checkbox for?

I DONT KNOW (hopefully Sven will have some input on this.

• Sven is currently doing some debugging on this, as well as christmas wrapping.