Skip to content

Developers / coders who can work with SEREngines

I plan to employ a developer to work on building custom SEREngine engines/websites. I've read your guide @James - many thanks - but it's not something I can do myself sadly. What skills should I be looking for, from a developer please?

Also do you by any chance have any developer's details who can do this work?

Comments

• I plan to employ a developer to work on building custom SEREngine engines/websites. I've read your guide @James - many thanks - but it's not something I can do myself sadly. What skills should I be looking for, from a developer please?

I have not tried SEREV3, but looking at the commands and adding those of GSASER, it is very easy to make your own engines, what do you not understand ?.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    I plan to employ a developer to work on building custom SEREngine engines/websites. I've read your guide @James - many thanks - but it's not something I can do myself sadly. What skills should I be looking for, from a developer please?

If you dont mind could you forward me a copy of the guide
  • JamesJames SEREngines.com
    edited November 2020
    I posted a list of commands for reference as I am working on a more in-depth guide on how to use those commands within GSA SER's engine.ini files.

It is very easy to create your own engines and for 90% of the sites, you probably don't need a programmer. For the harder sites, you will need to know some very basic javascript.

For a beginner, you just need to know what CSS Selectors are, as that is the location of the element on the HTML page you wish to do something with.

If you do get started then just post questions in the SEREngines category and we will be happy to help.

If you are going to hire someone then a really good start would be:
    • Basic HTML
    • Basic Javascript
    From there they can use an example engine.ini file which I will provide soon to place all the commands in.
  • I plan to employ a developer to work on building custom SEREngine engines/websites. I've read your guide @James - many thanks - but it's not something I can do myself sadly. What skills should I be looking for, from a developer please?

im a fullstack javascript developer and taking a look to the documentation shared by james it could be doable. What rates are you managing for this kind of work? Do you want to talk about that on pm?