Skip to content

[FEATURE SUGGESTIONS] Anchor improvements

Hello Sven,

Here are some suggestions I would like to submit to you in order to improve the way anchors currently work.

Basic changes

Adding the %keyword% macro to the Anchor field (I don't think the %title% macro would be functional without making the changes I will mention in the following paragraph). 

Advanced changes

Goal: Link self-generated articles together through anchors, which will improve the internal linking.

Currently there are two fields, where you enter the URLs and where you enter the anchors, and the tool mixes the two elements between them.
Thus, it is not possible to ensure that at the end of the generation, all the articles are linked together.

My suggestion would be to enable this by creating new macros, which would make it possible to link a generated article (however I don't know if this is technically possible, when the article hasn't been published yet...).
For example, that would be done by creating a %keyword-article% macro that would create an anchor with a random keyword AND that would link to an article (containing this random keyword in the content, if possible. Else, link to a random article).

If however this is feasible, I have also thought of another type of macro to go even further in the optimization, %title-article% : The keyword used to create the anchor is the keyword used to generate the Title of the article to which the anchor sends to (the keyword only, not the whole resulting Title, otherwise it would make anchors way too long).

I think it is better to avoid calling this macro %title% so as not to create confusion with the one already existing elsewhere in the tool.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Using the %keyword% macro in anchor should work fine already-
    Also the links to published articles is already working. If you publish one article, it is adding that link to the authority links and will get used by default on next publishing if you have the option on to insert authority links.
  • Thank you for the answer,

I've tried to use the %keyword% macro in the Anchor field but it doesn't work (neither in the preview window nor once published).

As for the published articles going to the "authority links" list, I'm aware of that but that's not exactly the aim of what I suggested earlier.
    The problem is, for the articles to be linked between themselves, that they have to be published to create the link.
    Moreover, if they go to the "authority links" list, they compete with external links (which are supposed to serve as the real authority links).

My suggestion was to rethink it (if technically possible) by :
    - Interlinking the articles BEFORE they are published (through the new macros imagined in the initial post)
    - Keeping the "authority links" list as is, since it works fine (since it's used to link to external website mainly)
    - Making it so that the random keyword used to create the anchor link to an article which contain said keyword in the Title/Hx/Content), in order to make the anchor consistent.

I might have misunderstood the way the tool work, but if I publish 100 articles in bulk, they will not be linked together, right ?
    Because they'll have been added to the "authority links" list only once the publish process is done ?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    - Interlinking the articles BEFORE they are published (through the new macros imagined in the initial post)

Sorry but this is not possible I think. If you have no link then inserting a macro would mean you need to fill it with a link as well. But as there is no record for this...it's impossible. But there are AddIns that you can use together with wordpress pluigins such as "List category posts Plugin". I think this is what you are looking for.

- Making it so that the random keyword used to create the anchor link to an article which contain said keyword

As %keyword% is a macro used in other programs, I prefer not to evaluate this. However, if you leave the anchor input empty, it is using a random keyword as anchor anyway. That should fix your problem here.
    Thanked by 1Minidou