Skip to content

Proxy scraper doesn't start IP range scan

Hi Sven,
I did an ip range scan with proxy scraper. It took some time but it did return some results. I thought of scanning the same IPs again but the ip range scanner just wont start no matter how many times I click on the start button. I've tried adding different proxies but still doesn't start the scraping process.

The normal proxy checker works but I the ip range scraper doesn't. Why this could be?
Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    the dialog is opened?
  • Yes, it is opened but clicking on the start button of the ip range scanner does nothing. When I run it first time and it was working I saw the proxy count at the bottom of the window but now nothing. I tried restarting PS but that didn't help. Haven tired restarting the vps though.
    can you post a screenshot?
    you have IPs with ports entered on the IP input...that should only hold IP Ranges.
  • I simply used the Edit>load>proxies.txt option and this is what I got. I haven't done anything differently first time and it worked then.
    I removed the ports and it works now. Would it be possible to remove the ports automatically upon loading them into there? Or is there an IP only export option in PS?
  • A bit of extra info.

I haven't tested this extensively but I can't add more than around 200 proxies to the ip range scanner because it doesn't start. I tried with 150 and it starts but with 200 it doesn't budge. I don't know the exact number but it's between the two.
    edited November 2020
    Why are you adding IPs that way anyway? It should be way better doing it by the main GUI:

Add->Proxy Scanner->Find Ranges from present  Proxies
    I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm trying to do port scanning to get more proxies.
    I opened the port scanner as you can see on the above image. I clicked on edit>IP>load and loaded proxies exported by poroxy scraper. Then I hit start and waited for 1000s of proxies to come.

2. I thought port scanning the proxies that are already proved to be good for me yields more proxies that will be usable for my projects than randomly scanning all sort of things.

3. I didn't remember that such options as you've just said exists.

Next update will strip off the ports if you load it from the EDIT menu.
    However, the IP-Ranges as described in my previous post should get you the best results.
  • Thanks a lot!