Skip to content

New proxy sources

Hey @Sven,

Haven't you thought of updating GSA PS sources? I have the same settings for a while and PS is not exporting anything that are matching my filters. I tried adding the previously removed proxies as well but it seems many proxies are dead for good.
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    well with each update Im adding new sources...there are over 3000 included now. What proxy filters do you use?
  • Yeah, after each update there are a bunch of proxies that are working nicely then they slowly start to evaporate. At first I was using strict filters but nowadays I'm happy if I can find some that are actually working. I'm looking for proxies that can post to wordpress.com
  • ugh the proxies this thing scrapes are terrible, this is the first tool I have gotten from this fantastic company that turns out crap results - sorry but I was thinking I would be getting 1500 good working proxies, to my surprise even after testing, I export working they don't work, Sven man I love your software but this one either needs some major tweaking.  I mean I own GSA SER, Captcha Breaker, GSA Keyword Research but this proxy scraper is below you calibre of work.  I would ask for a refund oh I just did because I have tried every setting look at this https://i.imgur.com/xiKBtAv.png  these were suppose to be working proxies
    sorry but the program has as many sources as it can get.
    i dont know what other program you use and what that log should tell me. It would be more interesting to see the settings you have.
    If the program finds e.g. a working proxy that later does not in your other product, it might have come to three situations:

1) The proxy is found to work on port 80 and only tagged with BING. That usually means that this is not a real proxy but a cache system just for bing itself. If you want to skip such things, simply filter port 80 as almost all proxies are not working on that port.
    2) Keep in mind that this is a tool finding public proxies. What works now, might not work a minute later. You need to monitor the proxies a longer time to separate the good from the bad. Simply use only proxies with a reliability of 95% and up.
    3) Make sure your other program supports proxies of all exported kinds. Almost any other product does NOT support CONNECT proxies. So make sure you either filter that on export or globally. Read here for more: https://docu.gsa-online.de/proxy_scraper/faq#why_am_i_getting_totally_different_results_when_testing_the_found_proxy_with_another_tool
    Thanked by 1kccan
  • kccan said:
    ugh the proxies this thing scrapes are terrible, this is the first tool I have gotten from this fantastic company that turns out crap results - sorry but I was thinking I would be getting 1500 good working proxies, to my surprise even after testing, I export working they don't work, Sven man I love your software but this one either needs some major tweaking.  I mean I own GSA SER, Captcha Breaker, GSA Keyword Research but this proxy scraper is below you calibre of work.  I would ask for a refund oh I just did because I have tried every setting look at this https://i.imgur.com/xiKBtAv.png  these were suppose to be working proxies
    I disagree.
    I have been using PS for 6 months now and I´m warry satisfied with the tool.
    If I don't filter anything I can get thousand of working proxies, I can get anything from 60 to 200 working google passed proxies.

The only problem I am currently experiencing is that PS crash when I use the "find ranges from present proxies" after some time

• Thank you for the clarification Sven, I appreciate it, a tool is only as good as the user who is using it, you gave me a lot more detail, and clarification.  I am using the proxies in my own Browser Automation Software(BAS) that I have created, but will double check them in GSA SER or GSA Indexer, but I have made a lot of new setting and will never test against Bing, love the setup I just have to educate myself more, tweak the settings until I get what I need.  Thanks again
    if you add support for CONNECT proxies, you get a lot more usable proxies. It's actually a very simple protocol (CONNECT url instead of GET/POST/... followed by the actual HTTP data).
  • New proxy source https://re-proxy.com