Skip to content

retry on reverify existing backlinks

i had a load of links removed after reverifying & when i checked the urls the links were still there, is it possible to have gsa ser retry to verify a few times because the urls were probably just having hosting issies or whatever, i have looked under
project>options at the top & cant see anything.

the tick box "remove after 1st verification try" is greyed out & cant be ticked (not what i wanted but cant be ticked anyway)

theres an option "dont remove urls" which can be ticked, but i want it to recheck the urls, & then remove the links if the link is definitely not there,

Comments

• ps
    these were tier 1 links - harder to get, & the below tiers cant be built without them.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    the mentioned options are for "verification" not for re-verification.
    If a link is removed, then it is saved in a file called "*.reverify_failed". You can try to recover that by:
    right click on project->show urls->verified->right click on listing->import verified->from failed....
  • yes, i know, that how i checked the links were still there, by-
    right click on project->show urls->verified->right click on listing->import verified->from failed

but the point is it has removed urls after reverifying when the links are still there, the ones i found cant be the only ones that it said were not there & removed them, & if it is removing tier 1 urls then you lose everything below that as well.

would it be possible to reverify 3 times, once a day over 3 days & not build any new links in that 3 days. ?

when i have checked the urls many times the pages dont load etc etc etc, hosting or database issues whatever, & so if gsa does that at the same time then it sees no link, but 15 minutes later the page might load ok, google will see the same, it wont just visit the site one because it follows the links (from tiers below)

you can restore all the links in one batch as well.
    Sorry but I see not much ways to improve this other than you disable the re-verify. Of course there will always be misinterpretations on removing/not removing things based on the current situation.
  • so how do you restore them ?

i went through all the tier 1 & 2 tier projects & from what i have seen they are mostly still there (the links)

i took the urls from
    right click on project->show urls->verified->right click on listing->import verified->from failed

cant it be based on 3 retries in a row ? one day apart ?
    3 reties that fail & the url gets removed.

(or anything better anyone can suggest ?)
    loads of those sites have hosting issues etc & on a vps there are going to be times on any vps when there are connection issues etc, & it only needs to miss the link once & youve lost 3 tiers if its a tier 1 link.

it wasnt just "a link"
    it was the top tier, which meant everything below that has diapeared as well.

& they were all pr1 +

well how often does that happen for you?
  • as far as i know not very often, but i dont know if its kept all the failed reverified urls in that file ?

its the first time i checked & there were loads in there, in all the projects, i only checked top 2 tiers.

would'nt that be a logical thing to do - what i suggested above ?
    (or any other better suggestion from you or anyone ?)

i noticed before a few times that some of those sites are intermittently on & offline.

so how do you restore them ?

• i saved all the urls in the failed files to .txt files, but wanted to know how to restore them
    well this is again some extra field in the verify files...not as easy as it might sound. I will think about it.

why are you saving things in a file? That *.failed_reverify file can be imported directly from GUI followed by a reverification.
  • "well this is again some extra field in the verify files...not as easy as it might sound. I will think about it."

--------------THANK YOU----------------------

those pr1 + contextuals are literally 100 times more difficult to get than tier 3 links.

to have loads of them disapear was slightly disheartening.

it WOULD HELP A LOT TO HAVE THIS FEATURE ON THERE.

for every tier 1 link thats thousands of links below & i found a few hundred contextuals where the links were still there that had been removed.

"why are you saving things in a file? That *.failed_reverify file can be imported directly from GUI followed by a reverification."

because i did'nt know if it saved it in that failed file permanently because it was the first time i had checked it. so i saved them all as quick as possible in case it was a temporary file.

"That *.failed_reverify file can be imported directly from GUI followed by a reverification.""

yes, but how do you do this ?

• ""That *.failed_reverify file can be imported directly from GUI followed by a reverification."""
    the only one i could find was

right click on project>modify project>import>urls>from file

i cant see anything under project>options

• this is still happening.

its exactly the same as above

"marty UK
    ps
    these were tier 1 links - harder to get, & the below tiers cant be built without them."

there were 50 taken out of one project alone and after checking them ALL OF THE LINKS WERE STILL THERE,

this is a massive waste because it takes ages to get those pr1+ links & then its just deleting them (?)

cant it be a bit more of a reliable checking system ?

because when i checked them they were all there (the links)

• "you can restore all the links in one batch as well."

no, i just tried it with just 2 projects at a time & it sait it only works with one project at a time
  • i just went through all the projects & re-imported the failed reverifications.

all the ones that were imported were tier 1 PR1+   - none from the lower tiers without the pr1+

so i would suggest that the problem might be where it is rechecking the PR - because the links were all there, & the only links it had taken out were all from tier 1 PR1+

none from lower tier without pr (as far as i could see)

CAN THIS PROBLEM PLEASE BE SORTED OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL BECAUSE ITS LOSING A WHOLE TIER - NOT JUST ONE LINK - COMPLETELY POINTLESS AND A WASTE OF TIME WHEN THE LINKS ARE STILL THERE THE SAME AS BEFORE

• i have to correct what i said above, when i went through them previous & checked if the links were there, i only checked about half & all the links were there, but after doing the rest some of the links were there, some were not,

but all the links that were missing were from tier 1 which was PR1+
    tier 2 was exactly the same on multiple projects (contextual) but PR1-

tier 2 did not have any links taken out after reverification, only tier 1.