Skip to content

Email Catchall: Why e for what?

One last question for today.
How and what are the emails, catcha all in GSA SER?
Are they badly needed?

Can I just generate the emails that GSA SER creates or does it have to be my own, professional emails, to perform the sending and confirmation of emails?
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes of course you can use any email account you have here.
    CatchAll accounts just make life easier as you usually have just one email being used across several projects. But for a normal setup it's nothing badly needed.
    However, you really should swap out the default temporary email account as thats a disposable one which is often blocked.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    "However, you really should swap out the default temporary email account as thats a disposable one which is often blocked."

Hi, Sven! What do you mean by this? Sorry, I'm a bit confused. What exactly is the "default temporary email account" anyway??
    When you create a new project, SER adds a disposable email account as a default one. That is one that can be accessed online without login/password from providers like
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited August 2020
    "When you create a new project, SER adds a disposable email account as a default one. That is one that can be accessed online without login/password from providers like "

I guess I don't see this as I've been making new projects by duplicating ones in use and modifying for a long time. Was this always a feature? Somehow I don't recall this. :|
  • If they are temporary but functional emails, can I use them instead of having catchall email purchased? In other words, can I use only the emails created in Gsa ser and run the projects only with them?
    yes, but sooner or later they might ban you from accessing it and then you might lose the accounts you have created already and not verified. It's always better to have a normal email account.