Skip to content

Multiple clients sites were de-indexed from yahoo/bing - what is going on?

In the last few days I have had multiple client sites de-indexed from yahoo/bing and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. Some sites were done completely white hat and others were black hat sites with completely different themes, owners and linking strategies done. Has anyone else had their site de-indexed from yahoo/bing recently? If so please post the details here so we can figure out what is going on.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    All are treated with SER?
    Are you having no issues with google?
  • Google is fine, i have not seen any effect from google.  It is just yahoo and bing.  It's weird because some of the sites that were de-indexed, i did not even start GSA campaigns on them yet.
  • edited August 2020
    I had some, but there's no wonder, all blackhat in the world was used on them. I've seen major changes in Bing, related to different types of blackhat (I should say extreme blackhat).

Still no negative changes on sites which were receiving only backlink spam. I would say I've seen positive changes on that area.

One indicator would be the fake organic search. There were a lot of sites using fake (generated) organic search to rank, these are gone now. And that's a good thing, because it also affected the data from Keyword Research tool. The volumes of monthly searches for some keywords was sometimes 5x bigger than in Google.

It was an ugly manipulation of both SERPs and overall keyword metrics in Bing.
  • Where did you hear that bing was de-indexing sites that used fake organic search?  I must admit a few of my clients sites I had used a couple different organic search services in order to help boost their rankings along with backlink building.  However, that tactic was not even used on 30% of the clients sites and there are many that were de-indexed that did not have any organic search done on them at all or even backlink building.
  • I didn't "hear", I just saw it. I guess you also posted on BHW, btw...
    So, the gambling niche was completely wiped out. All the domains that were ranking before are gone and all of them were using robot organic search for at least 10 months.

Apart from that, I don't know why your other sites were deindexed. It also happened to me (gambling, fake organic search with high volume), but on my other sites, where I still use robot search at a very low level, things are still fine - traffic and sales are up.

As a change of tactic, I will probably not blast away with hundreds of thousands of links, but do a step by step approach until I will completely figure out what is going on.