Skip to content

Dedicated high.performance machine for GSA SER / all resources eaten though by GSA SER

majkee97majkee97 Prague, The Capital, Czech Republic
edited July 2020 in Other / Off Topic
Hello Sven,
I know, You have already mentioned several times, that GSA SER does not require high computing capacities. However, I still experience issues (even that I have used only 10 e-mails like You advised me last time, I do not also duplicate projects - I use one master and one tier). Even that I have tried to reset data from projects (all excepts accounts, e-mail addresses, submitted URLs and verified URLs), I am still experiencing performance issues. GSA SER simply eats all CPU time. On the dedicated computer used is running only GSA SER, GSA Proxy Scrapper, GSA SEO Indexer, Captcha Monster PRO, Drop-Box for pushing URLs to global lists, and Team Viewer, so I can control the machine from my Office remotely.

Even that projects are tightened (only 10 e-mail addresses) as You have last time advised me, neither 20 minutes after clicking STOP button is not enough, to threads from single project got finished. PRJ file for master project is 190KB in filesize, and the Tier PRJ is 186KB. Each of them has only 2 spinned articles.

Only way, how to get back the resources, is to open Windows Task Manager and kill GSA SER proceses. That is not preffered way though, because I am losing the data gathered in the meanwhile.

Thanks for your hint.
Regards,
Michal

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    sohnds all fine to me really, maybe its the dropbox? please try to not use dropbox for site list folders and see if that improves.
  • majkee97majkee97 Prague, The Capital, Czech Republic
    Hello Sven,
    unfortunately, DropBox (annual paid subscription of verified links source) is the only more efficient way (than seek the links on internet), how to feed the GSA SER's global list. I would love to use OneDrive instead for lists. But as it is seen on the task manager screenshot, that nearly 96% of CPU time eats GSA SER. DropBox took only 0,1% of CPU time. Do You have any other idea of cause? Thanks for Your response.
    Regards,
    Michal
    its just a guess. just try to disable it in some way and see if cpu gets better.
    Hello Sven,
    unfortunately, this is not the solution. Even that I have set GSA SER to decrease threads if the CPU will be more than 50%, it still grabs the performance, even that DropBox service and related processes were killed... (see the image)

Any other idea? BTW do You have 64bit version of GSA SER? Eventualy, would it help to create on my box hyper-v machine and try to run it on virtual machine instead of on physical host?

Thanks,
    Michal
    killing that dropbox process is not helping. you really have to try certain things to locate what is causing that high cpu load. one is always dropbox and the syncing.
    And can you please give me some/few examples, what do you expect can be cause of that?
    Thanks,
    Michal
    actually i dont know.
    turn off everything (xaotcha, site lists...) and turn things on one after another till you see the cpu usage rise.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    @majkee97 @Sven

I have found that the things in GSA that are responsible for high CPU and also for filling up your hard drive are the following things in project settings

Under Data Tab (Disable all 3 )
    • Collect Keywords from Target sites
    • Use Collected Keywords to find target sites
    • Try searching for similar looking keywords
    Under Options Tab  (Disable both these )
    • Resubmit to previously failed sites -  try keep this below 5
    • Use URLs  Linking on the same verified URL (......)

After disabling all the above on all projects, your cpu usage should drop.
    In addition to the above, you should perform regular maintenance on GSA SER --- Here is a post i did 4 years ago which is still valid today ( hope to update it soon ) - https://asiavirtualsolutions.com/maintanance-for-gsa-search-engine-ranker/

Hope these suggestions helps
    Hello royalmice,
    thanks a lot for your hint. I have configured my GSA SER. I will give it a try for few hours and we will see, if it was that cause.

Best regards,
    Michal