Skip to content

a way to segment & use nofollow sites & links ?

i know that you can select just dofollow platforms, or mostly dofollow platforms in the engine selection when you start a project.

uncheck engines that do nofollow links 

& i know there is a tick box under
project>options
that you can select only dofollow links if you want,

but if you were to do both or one of these, & only post to dofollow sites, is there a way to select all of the nofollow sites that are left ?

i.e. use all the dofollow sites for main part of project, build dofollow tiers to etc, & use the nofollow sites that are left as a seperate project linking to same money site but just used to mask/diversify the link profile etc .

because i have built tiers (this is one example)
contextual - select platforms that use mostly dofollow when starting project)
tier 3 (everything else etc)

and you end up sometimes getting
tier 1 dofollow
tier 2 nofollow
tier 3 dofollow

so you lose the dofollow from the 2 bottom tiers because a nofollow link has slipped in to tier 2.

i dont tick the box under
project>options
that you can select only dofollow links if you want, 

& at start of project
uncheck engines that do nofollow links>also uncheck engines that create both dofollow & nofollow links

but if i did all these, is there a way to select everything that is not being used in these projects because they are nofollow links ?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    let me change that option than to let you choose between NoFollow/DoFollow/Both engines.
  • really ?

i was trying to figure out a way to do it, but that would be great if you could do that.
    (THANK YOU)

so you would just have one project with everything nofollow & one project everything dofollow ?

the thing is some engines are both dofollow & nofollow, social network sites is one, and it wont know until it goes to post weather the site is nofollow or dofollow.

i dont mind having nofollow links mixed in because it diversifies things & it doesnt pass on the link juice but i think google still takes account of the link text and the fact that it has a contextual link from a related site, but if you get a nofollow link on tier 1 or 2 & build dofollow links to it then you arent benefitting from the 2 dofollow links.

a silent update is already out where you have this.
  • i see it under
    project>options

it has "dofollow" as well as nofollow now, thats what you mean ?

thank you

is that strict - it will only create dofollow, or only create nofollow links for that project ?

thanks again

yes thats correct
  • BRILLIANT !

thanks again

• Sven,

you said "is that strict - it will only create dofollow, or only create nofollow links for that project ?"

"yes thats correct"

i thought it was taking it from the source code, but all it does is see if there are more of nofollow than dofollow or vice versa, am i wrong, because if this is the case it will be completely innacurate & pointless.

wait, there are two ways really. that project option is for all engines that build both, do- and no-follow links.

the popup option to uncheck certain engines can be used to only take engines that are known to build one or the other.
  • ok, but i think you have misunderstood ,

what i was saying was -

"is that strict - it will only create dofollow, or only create nofollow links for that project ?"

i want to know it it will create only dofollow links, or only nofollow links, because if its creating both (on each project) , then it doesnt solve the problem , it will be creating dofollow links to nofollow links & losing the link juice.

so if you select the project option, (tick box)
    does it do just dofollow & just nofollow ? (and only dofollow or only nofollow)

why are  conversations ending to be so complicated?why not simply use a right click on the engine selection and uncheck all nofollow?
    on tier filter you enable dofollow only as well

done

• "why are  conversations ending to be so complicated?why not simply use a right
    click on the engine selection and uncheck all nofollow?"

because i asked you this at the begining & because i was doing this anyway.

"because i have built tiers (this is one example)
    tier 3 (everything else etc)"

& because it does not satisfy the original question.

"but if i did all these, is there a way to select everything that is not being used in these projects because they are nofollow links ?"

the question still remains whatever your answer is

""is that strict - it will only create dofollow, or only create nofollow links for that project ?""

because if it is not taking it from the source code and taking it from something based on what
     most of the previous links are dofollow or nofollow then it it a million miles from being accurate

i was in the middle of changing all the projects over to what your original answer was when
     i saw the mouseover text & asked the question again, because if it is based on what the mouseover
    text says then it will be completly innacurate & building nofollow links to dofollow & vice versa

"on tier filter you enable dofollow only as well"

tier filter is not on the top tier which it would be needed on to do what you suggest here

am i wrong ?

certain engines are supporting dofollow or nofollow links. only few build both and for those you either keep them disabked or use the option to guess the resurrecting one based on links found there.

• "guess the resurrecting one "

thats the "resulting" one - yes ?

would it be an idea to do it from the source code ? either dofollow or nofollow ?

• "the thing is some engines are both dofollow & nofollow, social network sites is one, and it wont know until it goes to post weather the site is nofollow or dofollow."

that was why i asked, because i saw some platforms are both dofollow & nofollow, you
    would be posting from nofollow after selecting only dofollow & building links below it, which completely voids the dofollow in the tiers.

• i split nofollow & dofollow into different projects & its still verifying links into dofollow projects that are nofollow (they are yellow & saying they are nofollow links in dofollow projects in the right hand panel that shows verified links)

so would'nt it be better to take the nofollow or dofollow from the sorce code to be more accurate ?

because otherwise you've just lost a whole tier of thousands of links

tier 1 =dofollow
    tier 2=nofollow
    tier 3 =dofollow

• its putting LOADS OF nofollow links in dofollow projects, its making the link building completely pointless because it is not seperating them out or distinguishing one from the other.
  • There is no way SER knowing if a created link will be dofollow or nofollow until the link is placed. As long as I know it can guess based on links already on the same page but that's only useful when commenting or trackbacks, etc...

When you build tiers to one project you can select to build links only to dofollow links. It's true that nofollow links are still being built but you can simply ignore them. If you really worry about it much then you can disable all the engines that can create both and go with dofollow only.

• "When you build tiers to one project you can select to build links only to dofollow links"

yes, i created seperate projects for both dofollow & nofollow, selecting the tick box under "options" but its still building links with nofollow links in the dofollow projects, and its not small amounts,
    imagine it has built thousands of links like
    tier 1 =dofollow
    tier 2=nofollow
    tier 3 =dofollow

completely pointless because of the one link on tier 2

"you can disable all the engines that can create both and go with dofollow only"
    but surely wont there still be nofollow links in there ? (based on what is said above?)

cant it take it from the source code ? of each url ?
    i know it would slow it down, but that would be compensated by getting 100% dofollow.

You have a tier filter option to only take URLs from the main project being dofollow. In your sample, tier3 would not take the nofollow link from tier2
  • you mean the popup under data ?
    yes i have "dofollow only" ticked, but they are still posting to nofollow urls.

"tier3 would not take the nofollow link from tier2"

i thought it was the other way around, i thought ticking the box on the popup stopped it posting to nofollow links, not related to the tier above it ?

but either way,i have selected that & they are still posting nofollow links in dofollow only projects. (both tier 2 & 3)

"tier3 would not take the nofollow link from tier2"
    what happens if tier 2 is a nofollow link ? does it just not post to that url on tier 2 at all ?

the only way to disallow ser to post nofollow links is by  right click on the engines and uncheck those wh create nofollow links
    but this tier filter option will at least make sure to not build links to nifollow links.

• is it possible to take it from the source code ?
    before you answer i know it would slow it down, but that would be compensated by having a solid dofollow tiers & then put all the nofollows in another tier just for indexing, which is what i have done, but the dofollow projects are getting loads of nofollows still.

some cms's would be different, i.e. some would post on same page as other links , blog comments etc & some would post on newly created pages.

"but this tier filter option will at least make sure to not build links to nifollow links"
    i have defintely done this, but there are loads of tier 3 & tier 2 nofollow links being built when it is suppossed to be dofollow,
    mostly tier 3 because there are more of them, so easier to notice them.

sorry but then you have setup things wrong. the tier filter will not take links from the main project that are nofollow.
  • it is building links below that - that are nofollow, i know because i have seen the links in the right hand panel that has the verified links, the project name was there including "dofollow" & the links are yellow & the description in the mouse-over for the link said nofollow,
    when i checked the popup "tier filter" on both tier 2 & tier 3 the ""only post to dofollow" box is ticked on both of them,

most of the nofollow urls are on tier 3 (because there are more of them) but that tick box would not affect that because it only looks at the tier above from what you are saying.

please tell me how to improve this.

everything works correctly.
    when a project built a nofollow link, its not used for the lower tier.
  • "when a project built a nofollow link, its not used for the lower tier."

yes it is, it is adding nofollow links to the lower tiers, in projects that are just dofollow.

from above
    "it is building links below that - that are nofollow, i know because i have seen the links in the right hand panel that has the verified links"

the projects set up are just dofollow so the link juice passes up, it is adding nofollow, i have done the things suggested to make it just dofollow, i have not just selected dofollow sites, but i thought the tick box on the tier filter & the option under "options" (only build links to dofollow sites) would weed out all the nofollow links.

show me a sample or project backup.