Skip to content

where to put multiple url spintax code ?

i want to use spintax code with multiple urls , the spintax code is not locked to a specific url but is to be used with all of the urls

the spintax code is partial match

as an example car insurance new york
pet insurance houston

with generic text added on

i tried putting the code into the "generic" text file using the "edit" button, but didnt realise it is "global" & so you have insurance terms for all your other projects

in the "url" box at top i tried using that but it wont take the code, the code im using at the moment in the url box is

url#{car insurance miami|another car insurance}
2ndurl#{2ndcar insurance miami|2ndanother car insurance}
(this is working ok)

i tried using the "anchor text" field & then saw it says "this is ignored if you use an anchor text in the url field"
which i am using (above)

i tried putting it in "partial match anchor text" & it cuts off the code after a short amount of words.

ive tried "secondary" "branding" & "lsi" boxes below that to put the text in & they all cut the text off & show the error message when you close the box because it has cut off the text & so the code has errors in it.

so the code is not binding anchors to url, if it was there would be even more code, it is generic with keywords (partial match) for all urls, but i cant see where to put it.

Comments

• the code has

2,550 words 22,761 characters

in total
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    on such a big amount of text it is not displaying the line anymore, but its still using it. However, I think it would make more sense if you use a macro here and put all your words into a file (one line per word) and use %spinfile-c:\myword.txt%
  • ok, thank you, it cuts off very early because it cuts off at the urls at the begining.

if its one per line, how would i put the urls in there ? (& what code)
    & if its one per line, how would i put the spintax terms in there . i.e.
    look at this}{great|fantastic}{domain|website}

& what box to put it in ?
    & is that one macro file per project ? because each project will have different terms to add

• if it is one line per word, or one phrase per line, is it going to be able to accomodate & spin -

domain
    different parts of generic text - look at this}{great|fantastic}{domain|website}
    text unique to project - car insurance,pet insurance etc

hmm maybe I didn't understand that correctly. If you want generic anchors only, simply use the "data folder option" and copy your custom generic_anchor file in that folder.
  • ok, i will start again so hopefully it is clearer.

i want the text to link to multiple urls, but not binding the link text to urls.

it is partial match anchor text, so some of it is "generic" in nature
    i.e.
    look at this}{great|fantastic}{domain|website}

& some of it specifically relates to a specific project.
    i.e. car insurance,pet insurance etc

when the text is spun you end up with
    look at this great website on car insurance

not all the projects are about car insurance, otherwise i would be able to use the global generic text file.

i also want to know what box to put the macro in (if you are using a macro) , if you are using a box, or what box at all to use.

does that explain it better ?

please tell me if it is not

edited July 2020
    i kind of lost you a bit. i would prefer to look at a backup or screenshots. as you might know im not in office and cant do much to be of any help from here.
  • there arent any backup or screenshots,please tell me what you need to know to understand it better.
    send a screenshot on what you want to get maybe. and please wait till im back in office next week.
  • "and please wait till im back in office next week"

ok,

i dont know what you mean by

"send a screenshot on what you want to get maybe."

but this would be the end result

"look at this great website on car insurance"

partly generic, partly niche text for the project

i can help explain anything else, but i dont know where screenshots would come from ?

im sorry but its hard for me to follow without any program or option in front if me. simply wait till im back in office.
  • Hello Sven,

any news on this ?
  • Hello Sven,

any news on this ? (please) (i just want to know the best way to do it)

(i waited till you were back in the office)

thank you

I guess we need to do that one by one when Im connected to your PC. Is there any way to do that?