Skip to content

LOW RESULTS DUE TO SPAM

Hi, my campaigns have very little results.
At first, I've sent about 4000  emails and received website traffic 20 visits the first day, and 4 visits the next day. And then 0.
I did it 3 times for different companies and campaigns, they show about the same results. 13-20 people visit the website within 1 hour from the emails were sent, next day 3-4 visits, and then 0... it doesn't make sense to me.
To check, I did send 10.000 emails without selling something and without any links, just with the subject: "Are you open?" and email: "Hi, may I ask a question?" I would expect to receive about 8.000 emails in response, but I received a response only from 250 emails.

I've spoken with Sven, and he told me that he thinks this is due to spam filters. It also seems logical to me, as I get website visits straight after I sent the emails, and then the emails should go to spam and the campaign doesn't get me any website visits.
How do you solve this problem?

Comments

• This is sent the contact form or what?
  • Hi Romingson, yes, this are sent from contact forms.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    • using spin syntax is one key to success. Your URL should not be the
      direct sales URL but you might want to use redirects and put them all in
      a spin format as well.
    • Then use random on all the other unimportant fields (like name/address).
    • Using proxies is also something you should consider. Private proxies
      might be less suspicious than public.

• Maybe write a few different messages and have the software randomly select one?

• magicfluffermagicfluffer New Orleans
    I'm noticing a similar issue-- I feel like a lot of my contact form messages are not being delivered. 

Here's how I've been tacking the issue:

Is the contact form actually being submitted?
    I've had projects where GSA says a contact form has been submitted, but it never was. 
    I was never able to track down the cause of this bug, but creating a new project fixed the issue.  

Ideally you should have some dummy websites with contact forms to test this for each project, but I have not had time to do this.

Is GSA submitting a blog comment instead of a contact message?
    This has been fixed with the latest update, but it's still worth checking to make sure GSA isn't posting a blog comment instead of posting to the contact form.

I would advise setting up a few dummy Wordpress blog to track this.

What I found through testing
    To make sure my messages are going through, I set up a new email and sent something I knew would get replies- a sweet email from a college student asking about internship opportunities. The great thing about this is you can keep it very general and thus send it widely without worrying about targeting.

Only 4 of 50 websites I contacted in this test replied. These were some of the same websites I targeted with my contact form campaign. I assume these sites had no spam filter set up. 

This leads me to think that many of my messages are not being sent or are going to spam.

• I'm noticing a similar issue-- I feel like a lot of my contact form messages are not being delivered. 

I've had projects where GSA says a contact form has been submitted, but it never was. 
    I was never able to track down the cause of this bug, but creating a new project fixed the issue.  

Ideally you should have some dummy websites with contact forms to test this for each project, but I have not had time to do this.

This has been fixed with the latest update, but it's still worth checking to make sure GSA isn't posting a blog comment instead of posting to the contact form.

To make sure my messages are going through, I set up a new email and sent something I knew would get replies- a sweet email from a college student asking about internship opportunities. The great thing about this is you can keep it very general and thus send it widely without worrying about targeting.

Only 4 of 50 websites I contacted in this test replied. These were some of the same websites I targeted with my contact form campaign. I assume these sites had no spam filter set up. 

This leads me to think that many of my messages are not being sent or are going to spam.

Hi, so how do you solve this problem?
  • I'm noticing a similar issue-- I feel like a lot of my contact form messages are not being delivered. 

That could be a proxy problem?

Do you not find you get A LOT of autoresponders? An autoresponder means the contact form has been processed.
  • magicfluffermagicfluffer New Orleans
    stevie said:
    I'm noticing a similar issue-- I feel like a lot of my contact form messages are not being delivered. 

That could be a proxy problem?

Do you not find you get A LOT of autoresponders? An autoresponder means the contact form has been processed.
    Maybe 5% of the time at most. And yes that definitely could be. What would you say is a normal rate?
  • Hi All! I've read the forum and spoke with Sven.
    To improve the delivery of the emails (not going to spam) I was recommended to do the following:
    1) Add random info (name, surname, etc)
    2) Use private proxies. (I've used 10 private proxies)
    3) Use spintax (I've used 4-5 variations)
    4) Don't put links to your money site. I've bought GSA Redirect and put 5 redirects and spintax them.
    In 2 days, I've sent 15,000 emails and got 300 website visits in total. The 200 visits were in the first 1-2 hours, the next day around 60 visits, the next day around 20 visits.
    That makes me think that at first then I start the campaign the delivery of my email is good, in about 1 hour maybe, it gets to their SPAM folder.
    How do I fix this and improve the delivery of emails I sent? Maybe a new update is required to GSA Contact Web?
    Sven, I did exactly what you have advised, unfortunately, it didn't worked, this feedback is also for you. 
    Are the proxies rotating?
  • Sven said:
    Are the proxies rotating?
    Sven, I don't know, I didn't knew about this option. I have bought 10 private proxies, and I've selected to use them when Submitting a Form. I guess all the other settings should be as default. Please advise me if you have any ideas/solutions.
    with proxies you are anonymous...but once your proxy is getting on a bad-boy's-list you might be doomed. Please check your proxy IP here: https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited June 2020
    Made new Q so as not to hijack thread! ;)
  • looplineloopline autoapprovemarketplace.com
    Sven said:
    with proxies you are anonymous...but once your proxy is getting on a bad-boy's-list you might be doomed. Please check your proxy IP here: https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Im curious about this and i would love your take.  Ive used MXtoolbox for a couple of years now, but only to monitor my actual redirect website/landing pages for being on blacklists. 

Here is where I get curious - If we are going to a website and loading a page and then submitting a form with a POST request- Then that is being sent to the server of that website. 

Then that server takes and does whatever its setup to do, most often to then email that info to someone.  The thing is, that email then travels from the server its self, not from us or our IP.  So in some cases id guess that it logs the ip of the person that submits, but I know my default forms on wordpress (using multiple different types of common form plugins) did not send the ip in the message.  In fact I had to add an additional plugin that captured the ip of the person that submitted and then added that to the message that got emailed. 

So my theory then is that the majority of forms are not sending our proxy ip in the message its self and thus the spam filters can not see our proxy/POST submission IP address, would you agree? 

Clearly a spam filter can use anything that is consistent from 1 message to the next, to create a footprint and thus block future messages.  Additionally they use other data as well.  But anyway I always assumed that for the most part the proxy I used had little to no effect on getting my message blocked by a spam filter due to the filter seeing the IP of the server sending the email, which would be from the domain we submit to, not ours. 

Do you agree or I have I totally missed something?  Or what was your experience, do most messages display the IP of the person submitting? 

I just know with GDPR and all the privacy stuff even analytics often don't log ips etc..  So I assume most form providers try not to log that due to laws like that, at least not by default anyway. 

What have I missed?
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    @loopline yes you are right...the IP has little influence when it comes to the sending process at first.
    But I would imagine that IF your IP/proxy is once on such a list, you have a hard time getting your message send. But I have no other explanation for his strange stats really. Do you know how to help him? Have you seen anything alike on your campaigns?
  • Hi Sven! My proxies are not blacklisted. How many variations of spintax text, spintax redirects do you use when submitting 15,000 forms per day, and how many visitors do you receveive in general from this? My statistics are: around 300 visits, 200 during the first hour couple of hours. 
    I've sent about 10 campaing over the past month. Spintax the message did help a little, but in general the campaings are not sucessfull. Are my stats strange?
  • In the program there is a period to wait between submitting the form, mine is 1sec (I believe it was default setting).

Guys do you use the same 1sec period? How many emails you sent per day? From how many IPs, how many versions of spintax text and URLs you use, and what are your results?
    Sven said:
    @loopline yes you are right...the IP has little influence when it comes to the sending process at first.
    But I would imagine that IF your IP/proxy is once on such a list, you have a hard time getting your message send. But I have no other explanation for his strange stats really. Do you know how to help him? Have you seen anything alike on your campaigns?

Yes you are 100% correct, if your IP is on the list, its a non starter because you are not even going to be able to submit the message in the first place. 

Yes this same thing happens to me all the time.  Its an issue when you get into scale.  I send more then a million messages a day divided across many campaigns.  Ive gone to great lengths to reduce footprints but spam filters are just very good and they get better daily. 

However I have talked to many people that are not having spam filter issues, but they are not running at anything close to my scale.   

I am moving house right now, 1900 miles / 3000km so once I get settled Im going to rebuild my entire system using all different components so there are no footprints and then start doing more testing.  But Im a couple weeks out from that at least. 
  • loopline said:
    Sven said:

Yes you are 100% correct, if your IP is on the list, its a non starter because you are not even going to be able to submit the message in the first place. 

Yes this same thing happens to me all the time.  Its an issue when you get into scale.  I send more then a million messages a day divided across many campaigns.  Ive gone to great lengths to reduce footprints but spam filters are just very good and they get better daily. 

However I have talked to many people that are not having spam filter issues, but they are not running at anything close to my scale.   

I am moving house right now, 1900 miles / 3000km so once I get settled Im going to rebuild my entire system using all different components so there are no footprints and then start doing more testing.  But Im a couple weeks out from that at least. 
    Hi Loopline, May I please ask you a couple of questions? 
    1) Do you use this software to send millions messages per day? I manage to send around 20,000, How do you send them so fast? 
    2) The people who are not having the spam filters, use GSA Website submitter? If so, do you have an idea what they do to not have spam filter issues?
    I would appreciate a lot your answers.
    P.S. I'm doing my research during this week. I didn't found a solution that will work, if I find a solution I'll share here how to fix this.

Below is the screenshot to you to have an idea, when I start the campaing to send 15,000 messages, in the first 2 hours I get around 260 website visits. Then, it triggers spam filters, and everything go to spam as a result almost no visits. If I could bypass those spam filters, 260 website visits per 2 hours would be 3.120 website visits per 24h.

Yes I send 1 million+ messages per day.  I run many projects, and each one sends 100K per day. 

I have multiple dedicated servers and 50 private proxies per server running like 450 connections give or take a little. 

Also my lists are prefiltered by GSA on different servers so that I am only posting to urls GSA has identified as being contact form urls.

2  - Part of it is about quantity and speed.  If  your target market is dentists in Floridia, then you probably only have 9,000 dentists to work with in the first place and if 3,000 have forms, then your hitting a really small niche.  So your not going to have the same spam filter issues as you are a much higher volume. 

But its all just email spam filter issues, so you can google for what triggers spam filters, its not unique to contact form marketing.
    Thanked by 1KYRIAKOS
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    Hi @loopline
    Out of curiosity do you use email redirects? this is the only way I have found to avoid generating them randomly.
    It would be nice to find a catchall service that offers redirection ....
  • loopline said:
    Yes I send 1 million+ messages per day.  I run many projects, and each one sends 100K per day. 

Thank you so much for your detailed answer! I have just one more question that I can't figure out and I won't be able to sleep today without getting the answer. I've read on this thread or elsewhere on this forum that you don't spintax text, and don't use redirects to your website.  

Then, how do you manage to bypass spam filters when sending the same message to 100k during 24h?

P.S. I do use proxies, spintax, etc... you saw my campaing results on screenshot above.  At the beginnig it goes great, and then spam filters are triggered its a fail.

• It would be interesting to do a test, based on connections.

Same proxies, same messages etc, just different connections.

I take my connections down, if I know it'll finish during the night and I'm not in a big rush.

So from my normal 500 connections to like 200.
    Not yet its in the near future.  I wanted to, but I just was working thru how to do it at scale. 

Thanked by 1Kaine
  • Are the proxies in GSA Web Contact rotating for each message submit?