Skip to content

Restarting software speeds it up

I've noticed that if I have 1 project running when I come back to it the following morning, it might say there are 5 hours remaining and the speed is quite slow.

If I stop and close the software, then load it back up and start the project again, it's much faster and overall takes much less time to complete.

I have to do this every day as otherwise, the software keeps slowing down.

Any thoughts on why this happens, and anything that can be tweaked to stop this happening?

There's plenty of RAM on the system (10GB), so it can't be that.

Comments

• If you run 2 project, you software will sent and scrape slow. Because the software have many things in inside
  • romingson said:
    If you run 2 project, you software will sent and scrape slow. Because the software have many things in inside

Not sure you read my post properly.

"I've noticed that if I have 1 project running..."

• KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    @Sven I have the same problem after a few hours the software is running more and more slowly.
    When I stop it there seem to be many threads that got stuck. The number of blocked threads is proportional to the time it has been used. It is inconceivable to let it run for a week for example, and it is mandatory to restart it every day.
    I think that the thread is not stopped after the timeout, something which must happen when a proxy is defective.
    It really needs to be fixed, I would like to let it run for 1 month without this happening.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    click HELP>> 'Create bugreport' with a reference to this thread.
    Ok thank you, i have sended a lot but not with this url
  • I thought it was just me. I close the software every day now to 'reset' it.
    stevie said:
    I thought it was just me. I close the software every day now to 'reset' it.
    Yes but it is not a solution ^^, it is necessary to help to locate the concern  :)

I had connection problems on the GSA site and could not send a bug report but it is resolved so I do it as soon as possible.
  • hmm.... should we be concerned about this and restart gsa ser once in while to speed up the ser?
    this thread is not about SER but GSA Website Contact
  • Still doing it @Sven

195 threads shown as running even though nothing was running as projects were stopped

Started a new run of 500000 URLs (250 threads under options)
    Estimated time - 25 hours

Stop - close software - restart
    Start the run again of 500000 URLs (250 threads under options)
    Estimated time - now 8 hours

And the software looks to be running faster

It seems clear to me that the software is doing something such as locking threads even when projects have finished.

It's doing something to make it that I have to stop - close software - restart after every 12 hours or so.

I've sent 3-4 bug reports over the last few days both prior and after the problem.

will check once im back in office (check sticky thread)
  • Sticky threads normally stay at the top, but I don't see it.

I started a checking project last night - so around 15 hours ago and it said it would be completed in 7 hours. I've just checked now and it's saying 8 hours. It just gets slower and slower every hour the software is running.
    with sticky i meant the one about me being offline for a week
    again i will check once back in office.
    edited July 2020
    @Sven Don't forget us ^^