Skip to content

How to troubleshoot SER performance

Looking for advice on how to troubleshoot SER performance / LpM. We went from about 150 LpM to about 20 LpM and can't figure out what has changed. 

There are 12 projects but only 2-3 active. I have around 4,500,000 urls in my identified site list. Proxies seem pretty solid and haven't changed (I've also tried without for short bursts to just check). Internet connection is 100 megabits and I've played around with my DNS service just to be sure I'm not rate limited. Use x-evil on two other LAN pcs for captchas. PC is core i7 + 8gb ram.  

When I start SER it just moves slow. CPU is at 1-5%. Can't figure out what bottleneck to look for!

Tagged:

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited May 2020
    What about your emails? Are they still working?

Also, do you have your catchalls set to delete old messages (if you have limited email storage)?
  • For email I have a postfix/pop3 server on my LAN with private catchalls so GSA should be connecting with no delays.
  • I've gone through this guide and followed almost every suggestion: http://shaunmarrs.com/944-links-per-minute/

No change after running for 20-30 more minutes.

As test I just disabled all active projects. Created a new one with one fake site url. Left just the default engines enabled only: Blog Comment/Indexer/URL Shortener engines. Load my site lists. Run. This one gets about 250-300 LpM sustained over 30 minutes.

So perhaps the issue lies in my Engine selection or number or articles or some other checkbox I'm missing. Will engines that post Articles run considerably slower than say, blog comments?
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited May 2020
    "So perhaps the issue lies in my Engine selection or number or articles or some other checkbox I'm missing."

Hmm...Do you have limits set for number of submissions/verifications? If you are using articles, check last parameter on Article Manager Tab "Do not submit same article X times {per site/domain |  ANYWHERE |  per account}. Having Anywhere selected will mess you up! ;)

Why not use your dummy project with the same engines you have on your real ones? That way, you can test if it IS the engines.

"Will engines that post Articles run considerably slower than say, blog comments?"

And, yes, article posting can be slower.

There are more steps involved. The account has to be created. An e-mail received from the target system. When finally received, the email verified. Then, finally SER posts. Some engines are just a one-shot deal, no email needed, even!