Skip to content

No targets to post to on GSA

flyhigh989flyhigh989 Vietnam
2020-05-09 11:10: No targets to post to (maybe blocked by search engines, no site list enabled, no scheduled posting) [first appeared at 2020-05-09 10:47]

Hi there,
I'm a newbie here and I have hot this mess on my project on GSA. I have not know how to fix this problem, Are there anyone on this forum can help me config my setting, I will buy a coffee via paypal as a small gifl to say thanks! Plz
Thanked by 1newbie

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited May 2020
    That's the first error message most of us have gotten! I remember when I first set up GSA Search Engine Ranker, and I thought it was just an "instant link machine." lol It sort of is, don't be fooled, but there's a bit you need to learn. I'm still learning. I haven't really spent the time in the last year. But I want to get back to learning, because it's fun, important, and really changes the outcome of using GSA products.

OK; enough with the speech. :unamused:

That Err Msg happens for a few reasons. Here are some of the reasons:

1. Problem: You're not using proxies to search/scrape, or the proxies you have are burned (at least for that use) at this point.

Solution:  Be SURE to use proxies when scraping for targets to post to. Scraping just means using automation to collect data, in this case web sites and pages that fit a certain criteria from a Search Engine. If you DO use proxies, remember, if you are using a service and paying, the proxies MUST be specifically for scraping. Be sure you use the right proxies!

(StormProxies has "rotating" proxies; use those to scrape.) You can check your proxies against Googl or any other SE in the proxies module on SER. You can also find public proxies that are good for scraping, but you must check first or you'll be wasting your time trying to scrape with them.

Also....not having proxies set is a bad BAD BAD idea. That means the traffic is going through your Internet Service Provider's "pipes," and you can  get your ISP very mad. You'll also get your IP banned from  Googl, so you'l have to rely on Yhoo,and who wants that?!

(Go to Options, top right pane button...click on left "submissions" (default), and then check "Use Proxies" and click configure. Click on Search Engines. Choose Public or Private. (This only depends on which list you assign proxies to in the proxy module whrn you configure!)

2. Problem: No site lists enabled. This can happen when you have no engines selected within a project, but also don't have an external list of target sites.

Solution: Figure out what engines you want to build links with and then check off those engines. Or buy or build a target list. There are said to be good providers that have SER-ready lists, but I have little experience with that. You can also make a list with ScrapeBox, or even GSA-SER. With SER, there are four lists automatically made. 

(In SER, go to big options button, top right pane. Then choose Advanced. See there are four files being made? Identified, Submitted,Verified, and Failed? You can use these as targets for any projects. You can also use any other project lists as targets in any other project.)

3. Problem: No scheduled posting.  This is another way to post backlinks on target sites. SER will go to a site you've already successfully posted on and post again.  This is the third, and final, way of making new backlinks.

Solution:  Change the project settings so you can re-post to successful targets. If you have no engines enabled in a project (not the same as SEARCH engines, these are for comment engines, etc.) and no proxies enabled that are good to use while scraping, you can still post using this third method, as long as you've already had some successful posts for that project.

(Set these by clicking on a project.  Choose "Options" at the top." Set to re-post as you see fit. Scroll down to section entitled, "Scheduled Posting.")

Note that these are three ways of fixing the issue. These are the three main ways to create news links to your money site (or YouTube video or WHATEVER!) using GSA's Search Engine Ranker. I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. I will try my best to help. I know that the GSA people are very busy these days adding new functionality to SER, but they also answer questions, along with some SER "gurus" that know a billion times more than I do. :)

Hope it helped a little. I know I glossed over some stuff too quick, but I suggest playing with it and come back with more Qs as you have them!

Build on the knowledge you have, and little by little you'll get it right. Sven, the writer of this program, made something phenomenal. It will, of course, take some time to learn. I would have learned more, but didn't stay focused. You want to learn it all, b/c your use of SER depends on knowing what it's capable of, and it will pay to know. :money:
    Thanked by 3ravenclaw DrGeek newbie
  • Thank for your help, I'm following your guidance to set up correctly. It's made me confusing, I may ask you more later. Thanks!
    Sure, ask anything. If I don't know, someone else on here surely does!  :)
    Also, if there was a part that was unclear, please let me know and I'll try to go over it in more detail. :)
    Thanked by 1flyhigh989
  • Hi Deeeeeeee, I try to reset on my account but it's still doesn't work properly. How can I pm with u
    Hi. You can ask whatever you want help with publicly on this forum or in a private message on this website.

(To PM: Go to top right-hand corner, right below your username, click on the envelope icon, and start a new discussion.)
    Thanked by 1flyhigh989
  • FreemanFreeman New York
    if I have the campaign is running and it generated no submitted or verifying links yet... do you have an idea what is the problem? 
  • Freeman said:
    if I have the campaign is running and it generated no submitted or verifying links yet... do you have an idea what is the problem? 
    It could be any of the problems above or something wrong with your settings. Try sharing more information along with the question?