Skip to content

specifications of the server you use?

even it doesn't require a big ram to run ser, more the merrier because it can quickly create more backlinks. what is your preferred specifications for server to install ser?

(I usually run 3-7 projects at a time)

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I would suggest:
    • min. 4GB RAM / 8GB better but not more
    • any recent CPU is OK
    • stable/fast network access
    • SSD on system drive would give a great boost in terms of speed

Thanked by 1JaneJackson
  • Depends on the tools and other services you are going to use. If it's only going to be SER with a few plug ins, 4 core processor, 100GB SSD hard drive with 8GB ram should bring you great results.

I have set up on a 2 core processor, 80GB SSD with 4GB ram before. It also worked well.
    Double check with the service provider allows SEO tools and a bigger bandwidth is also important.
    Thanked by 1JaneJackson
  • Is 250 Mbps fast enough?
  • stevie said:
    Is 250 Mbps fast enough?
    Yeah this will give a decent result. Include quality proxy as well.
  • stevie said:
    Is 250 Mbps fast enough?
    1Gbps is preffered
  • Install SER on a SSD <3 You will see it working like mad!
    Thanked by 1JaneJackson
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited May 2020
    Anyone have any experience with the NVMe drives that connect via PCIe slot? I know some of you on here, can't recall who, were playing with this, and I think some VPSes feature these also.

Anyone not aware, it's a new solid state drive (chips, not disk plates, like an SSD) that connects via PCI express slot and not SATA ports. It's like 2.5X the speed of SSD drives connecting via cables. It's old news now.

I was trying to get my drives to connect via the MB when updating my machine last year,never got to thst part. :( Even a SATA connection via a PCIe card is supposed to be faster than via standard SATA ports.)

Just curious as this is a cool and interesting way to go to improve speed of GSA programs via R/W improvements, alone!
    Thanked by 1JaneJackson
  • Deeeeeeee said:
    Anyone have any experience with the NVMe drives that connect via PCIe slot? I know some of you on here, can't recall who, were playing with this, and I think some VPSes feature these also.

Anyone not aware, it's a new solid state drive (chips, not disk plates, like an SSD) that connects via PCI express slot and not SATA ports. It's like 2.5X the speed of SSD drives connecting via cables. It's old news now.

I was trying to get my drives to connect via the MB when updating my machine last year,never got to thst part. :( Even a SATA connection via a PCIe card is supposed to be faster than via standard SATA ports.)

Just curious as this is a cool and interesting way to go to improve speed of GSA programs via R/W improvements, alone!
    Agreed. Installing any tool on a NVMe drive will help us save a lot of time. Yet we have to provide more proxies and emails and they get burnt faster due to the speed. They also usually come with high speed internet and everything needs to be balanced if running any tool on NVMe drives.  ;)
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    " Yet we have to provide more proxies and emails and they get burnt faster due to the speed. "

Def an acceptable cost of running faster.  Just like how we have to pay more taxes if we earn more. Just a part of doing business. ;)

"They also usually come with high speed internet"

Anyone on here using a HYPER-fast connection?!

• Thankyou all for sharing your opinions
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee