Skip to content

Can't download article from SEO Content Machine's API?

Hi,
I tried to use SER's Auto-fill feature with SEO Content Machine's API, however I keep getting Error.
Contents are generated with "GSA SER" setting .
The default API from SEO Content Machine is 127.0.0.1:8008
I can import from WAC without any problem.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Im sorry, but this seems to be an issue on SEO Content Machine. I have added there API exactly as described, but also never managed to get it working. Contacting them also didn't help. Maybe you can try and get back to me?
  • Hi,
    I just get reply from them, they want to contact you.
    Please see PM.
    Ahh perfect so we get it sorted then I hope.
  • Hello, sorry to revive an old thread. I just purchased SEO Content Machine in part because I saw the API integration in GSA. Is it working now? 

When I try to add articles, I start from the Project Data/Article Manager screen in GSA SER and select Add-> Use SEO Content Machine -> Use API and then I get a proper list of the Campaigns/Tasks that are configured in SEOCM. I select on, click OK, and then nothing - no articles or any feedback showing that it's done anything.

Thanks!
    J
    do you use some custom ip/port here? If so, thats the problem and I will improve this + error reporting on next update.
  • Haven't changed it from the localhost:8008 default
    8008 is not default...but OK, next update should solve it.
  • Hmm, I guess this is "SEO Content Machine Next" - perhaps they are keeping two versions current.

This is out of the box configuration and refers to this API documentation: https://seocontentmachine.com/api-docs/

Upon reading that, they reference a classic api and a NEXT api, so darn - it seems like there's the issue. They changed the API from first version. :/

I will release an update later today, let me know if it fixes things for you.
  • I've got problem with SEO Content Machine too. I created about 10 articles 600 - 1000 words then I imported them into GSA by API. But only between about 80 and 120 words are saved for the article.
    replied by email...
    I don't know really. But after having a look on the source again, I
    doubt that this is a GSA error. Because the content delivered is in a
    json stream where I extract content and title. Nothing I can do wrong
    here really.
  • I have these issues as well, worked for me when I created them in GSA format and just imported the plain txt files. That's not how it's supposed to be but at least I get the content somehow...
  • Sven said:
    replied by email...
    I don't know really. But after having a look on the source again, I
    doubt that this is a GSA error. Because the content delivered is in a
    json stream where I extract content and title. Nothing I can do wrong
    here really.
    I saw you replied in this https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/27213/errors-in-importing-files-from-kontent-machine-into-gsa-search-engines-ranker/

I think it's the same problem. I asked SEO Content Machine, they told me should contact  you because you're responsible for the API integration
    bahh the way to handle it .... I am responsible for there API :/
    I guess there api isn't delivering the article at all but just paragraphs or fragments you have to put together. I guess I will add that then. :(
  • I'll really appreciate that :chuffed:
  • yes, had a similar interaction with SCM as well- just pieces of articles coming down, not the whole thing.

The dream would be to set up SCM on a schedule to periodically get new content, which can be configured by cron job, and then for GSA to occasionally pull in new content. So we can sit back and see new content flowing all the time :)

thanks for the fast response Sven, exciting to see GSA so active and responsive.
  • Thanks @Sven, the lastest update solved my problem
  • @Sven appreciate your work on fixing up the api integration, seems to be pretty smooth now. Would SER periodically re-query SEO Content Machine for more articles, or is it a one-shot kind of thing?

SCM next has a cron feature so if you keep it running it will just re-write articles as often as you like
    Sorry, you need to reimport articles then.