Skip to content

poweruphosting down for anyone else?

edited February 2013 in Need Help
my server has been down now for about 10 hours due to a 'main circuit failure'.

anyone else down? who is a good alternative?
Tagged:

Comments

• edited February 2013
    yes  

I started having problems on Friday evening >:P

Also, looking for an alternative, so any recommendations welcome. 

• LOL I had just signed up late last wk for their 100/mo plan and this happens, ha....was with berman hosting b4, wasnt impressed.....going to give them some time to figure things out..b4 i jump ship..
  • Been down for a day too. @yougotmymoney - I've been with them on the same plan for some time now, they're very solid.
  • poweruphostingpoweruphosting Los Angeles
    edited February 2013
    The issue was totally unexpected and the 6 power supply lines including the backup lines failed and the circuits got toasted. The entire datacenter was into darkness so the issue was a lot bigger. We have still managed to pull off and recover as soon as possible.

Most of the Cabs were already recovered and they are up and running fine except for couple of cabs which are left and are being worked on.

The 100 Mbps servers are already backed up and running :)

• My dedicated server first went offline this time on Friday evening. I was unable to reconnect for about 30 minutes. I finally managed to reconnect, but it disconnected again shortly after, and kept on doing this for the next hour, so i said sod it, I'll try again on Saturday.

I tried on Saturday morning, couldn't connect, and couldn't connect for most of Saturday. It then began to work again, and was fine until last night. 24 hours later, I'm still unable to connect..........
  • @doubleup your server is working fine.
  • Pm me if any one need an bullet proof server.
  • edited February 2013
    resolved
  • Anyone Else's server(s) down?
  • Couldn't connect for a bit but it is back now.
  • same here my went down again
  • Oh, Yep seems they are up again. ;)
  • I'm down again.  I've been down at some point in the day almost everyday with these guys for the last week.  And what I'm really not liking is that support is trying to make it seem that it's something I'm doing.

NOT COOL! ( This is what makes people go ahead and jump ship!)

Been with these guys about 6 months and everything was cool until recently. Now, they're down way too much and support is starting to get bad.

I'm not a newbie.  We know how to operate VPS's & dedicated servers.

Here are some of they're responses to us not being able to login:

"ME"  After reporting yet another time we can't login.....

"Powerup" "I just checked your uptime and it has been up since days. also it's working perfectly fine."

-----

Regards,

UG

System Administrator

"ME"  That's great but I can't login so that doesn't really help us. I've
    tried logging in several times in the last 2 hours from different
    terminals.

"Powerup" I will have to run and do some investigation on your server to see what
    could be the exact issue. Your VPS could have issues related to OS:

So please try and update your Windows or a reformatting would be a better option.

WHAT!? ... He's telling me to update my windows or reformat it..... seriously?

After giving him my password to login himself

"Powerup" I rebooted your server, please try to login now.

"ME" I am logged in now. But this is unacceptable. We've been down for about 4 hours.

"Powerup"  The server was never down like I mentioned because I was able to login fine and I saw all your stuffs running.

"ME" Okay, but you just stated that you had to reboot the server. I presume
    because you, yourself could not login with the password either. And I
    understand that you guys want to keep that 99% uptime thing going but
    the fact is, it really doesn't matter whether the server up or not
    technically because it was NOT assessable to your client. So, is that 99%
    uptime for the client? NO.

And as I stated before, this has happened several times within the last
    week costing us valuable time as well as putting us behind in our work.

But, if that's how you guys handle your clients no problem.

Our VPS is inaccessible to us several times a week.  We deal with a couple other providers and at this point I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THESE GUYS.  In fact, we are down as I write this post.

Good luck guys,

• Not the first time i lol'd at the 99% claim, i jumped ship when they migrated servers and i had more than a day of downtime, apparently server upgrades and maintenance also doesn't count for that 99%.

I would actually understand better this last crash they had, but still who suffers is the final customer, and there should be at least the honesty to admit that.

Ps; Also had a lot of those "fixes" when they restarted the vps for no apparent reason, oddly enough never had to perform of ask for a restart on bermanhosting.
  • I knew it wasn't just me....

Thanks pisco

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    And you pay a lot more than Berman...always wondered why everyone used Powerup. 
  • edited February 2013

This is true... I went with them because when I first got SER it was the service of choice here and they were offering that coupon inside the project set-up in the program. (Which turns out to be the regular rate)

I know better now....... Oh, and our VPS is still down.  Can't login into it.  ( a little more than 5 hours now)

Thanks GG,

• You've obviously logged a support ticket and tried to get in contact with them via skype?

I've also had the same issue. Unable to connect to my server, however, when i was finally able to, it hadn't been restarted or crashed, i simply wasn't able to connect for that period of time for some reason. 
  • i simply wasn't able to connect for that period of time for some reason.

Yeh I get the same quite regularly. It's usually blamed on my ISP. Even though I can't connect from 4+ different servers/PCs in various locations. Go figure. I wouldn't mind so much if the answers were a little more straight up.

That said, the last few days have actually been a lot better, for me at least.
  • Well, after 9 hours of not answering my support request they restarted my VPS.

Gotta love that great customer service..... I signed up with Berman today.  I hope they have much better service.

• poweruphostingpoweruphosting Los Angeles
    edited March 2013
    We have finally sorted out all the issues and everything has been fixed. Once again, just incase if the support isn't accessible via the website, feel free to add us on Skype as we are available for almost 20 hours a day on Skype.