Skip to content

color coding legend

edited February 2013 in Need Help
hi,

was wondering if people know what the color coding means or if there is a legend to look at?

example

project name in red or green?

status column in green, blue and orange?

Comments

• awesome ron, thanks!

here is the answer:
    What are the different colors for?
    Green = submitting
    Blue= verification
    Orange = searching for new targets
    Red = something is wrong (not used for now)

next... indeed a project is red like shown in this pic: http://s3.postimage.org/68ikrtir7/2013_02_23_2320.png

sorry for the newbie question... how do i figure out what's wrong with the project?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Different font colors are just used to make it easier to identify different projects. Red doesn't mean anything different than green or yellow or any other color.
  • ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ahahah, i was trying to figure out what was WRONG the whole time!

related question regarding color - i set verification to custom time 1440 shown here: http://s14.postimage.org/bqoyqljwh/2013_02_24_0043.png

however, i keep seeing the log verify the links... wonder if i have it set wrong?
  • 16:45:43: [ ] Checking E-Mails for links...
    16:45:45: [ ] E-Mail Verification finished.
    16:45:45: [ ] Verifying finished (11 checks done)

it's weird... for the project that has verification set to check every 1440 minutes, it's checks almost every hour???
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    Just found this thread after wondering about the font colors too.

@Ron - You said "Different font colors are just used to make it easier to identify different projects. Red doesn't mean anything different than green or yellow or any other color."

Are you totally sure that's correct?

I'm not convinced since if it was just for ID surely they would stay the same all the time and not change for each project continually.

Can anyone confirm please?

Thanks
  • The color coding doesn't mean anything really? Anyone confirm please!
  • The color which your project names are written does not mean anything, they're simply there to easier identify projects. At least my colors have never changed here, so I can't imagine they'd have any other purpose than identification. However the color which is in the status column does have a meaning and the meaning is written above in this thread.

Hope that helps you out springfire and if I'm wrong feel free to correct me.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    What @fakenickahl said
  • One particular project is always showing as red for me like in this screenshot:

Something must be wrong because the number of links output are drastically less, as if the project hasn't run at all (according to ahrefs, projects with green show 500+ links and this project shows 30 links only)

And also its not "random color", its either green or red as far I see.

I want to know what is actually wrong with the project, its driving me mad lol.

If the colors really doesn't mean anything, Sven, please remove the random color feature. It just scarying me.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    It's just a color and it's no longer random but based on the hash of the project name to always keep it the same color.