Skip to content

Error: No targets to post (while scraping), private proxies are fine

I remember some questions about this issue, but this one is not proxies (other projects that are scraping are running fine). 
Here is the error message:
"2020-02-20 20:38: No targets to post to (Posts per account: 6, Posts per site: 6, Minutes to wait for first post: 1-3, Minutes to wait for next post: 10-20, Minutes to wait for next signup: 4-6) [first appeared at 2020-02-20 20:32]"

Trying to index 72 URLs.
Using 305,017 keywords (ALL ENGLISH)
Search Engines by Language: ENGLISH, SPANISH, FRENCH, GERMAN
Scheduled Posting you can see on the error message
No skips by country or language

Again, project is scraping search engines.
+ using private proxies (other projects are scraping and posting)
+ Getting error maybe once a day.

Please help, this project is lagging behind, not sure why.
Thanks in advance everyone.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Do you see this project doing any search queries at all?
  • Codex19Codex19 Phoenix, USA
    Just looking at the proj, it does search queries, already have 2K+ submitted links, then stops (I am guessing it stops because of what the error says, i guess it goes to sleep). Is there a way to see realtime search queries numbers by project? How do i debug that? Thanks.
    It is actually posting (i see some SUBMITTED urls for today - 21st), and a new error message:
    "2020-02-21 11:02: No targets to post to (Posts per account: 6, Posts per site: 6, Minutes to wait for first post: 1-3, Minutes to wait for next post: 10-20, Minutes to wait for next signup: 4-6) [first appeared at 2020-02-20 20:32]"

On the submitted URLs list there are a lot of [awaiting account verification], but some approved ones too. Is there a way to push account verification?

Another thing is that when I open the submitted urls window, and sort by date, there are some urls submitted on the 2/24/2020. I can see the server date is 2/21/2020. How is that possible?
    '
    Thanks for the help
    I think I found the issue, although I am not sure why. It got better after I selected only English search engines for scraping the targets. I think I had English, German, French and Spanish search engines selected, and working with only English keywords might be a performance error. Hard to know for sure, unless Sven could maybe throw some light into how multiple search engines selections play a role in scraping. Thanks.
  • I'm shooting in the dark here but different search engines react differently for the same keywords and return different search results.
    For example I'm in Spain and every bloody time I search for something here in any other language I got a little pop up that says "Looking for search results in English?" with some options to select from.
    I guess this can affect your search results too.
    TheGypsy said:
    I'm shooting in the dark here but different search engines react differently for the same keywords and return different search results.
    For example I'm in Spain and every bloody time I search for something here in any other language I got a little pop up that says "Looking for search results in English?" with some options to select from.
    I guess this can affect your search results too.
    Yes, I am thinking something along those lines is what creates a bottleneck in the scraping process. Thanks.