Skip to content

making profile links with imported content from gsa content generator

I am using gsa search engine ranker to import content from gsa content generator & make profile links.

i am following the instructions here

it says use the "%article% macro"   & put it in the "about yourself" box on gsa ser,   but when i do this & press the "OK" button to close the window to name it & import the content it brings up an error message "please define some articles first"

& i followed Sven's instructions about exporting content from the content generator to a named project on gsa ser, but i cant close the project & name it because it keeps bringing up the error.

(i started the project by selecting all the engines in the left hand panel, then selecting "uncheck all those that do not create contextuals" - then selected only "profile links"

i have sent a PM to Shaun a few days ago but not got a response & there is no contact form on his website.

on gsa ser under "ARTICLE MANAGER" you can go
"add"  > use gsa content generator

but which instruction is correct ?

Also i am binding the anchors to the urls, imported all urls & anchors, so do i just tick the box "insert up to additional links from project"

thank you in advance

Thanked by 1barnacerrajero

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Are you seeing the article manager at all with the engines you have chosen? If not, temporary enable an article engine (e.g. wordpress) and then import articles, save and uncheck the article engine again next time.

• yes, i am seeing the article manager i have selected the engines following the procedure - select all engines >uncheck all engines that do not accept contextuals > just use profiles.

but are we supposed to IMPORT the articles from gsa ser, or EXPORT the articles from gsa content generator to gsa ser ? (into the individual project)

is the article on shaun's website innacurate ?

sorry, but i need it clarifying, im trying to do it the right way but getting conflicting messages.

&
    Also i am binding the anchors to the urls, imported all urls & anchors, so do i just tick the box "insert up to additional links from project"

If you edit a project, it's not a good idea to export articles from GSA Content Generator as that program would want to modify existing project files.

You should either enter a dummy article, save, export and edit the project again

OR

Export articles from GSA Content Generator and import them from SER.

• "Export articles from GSA Content Generator and import them from SER."

i cant, because it wont let me save the project in gsa ser, i explained that above, when i go to export from content generator it asks which project i want to export it to.

the project does not appear in the list because it has not been named because i cant press the "oK" button as explained above.

---------------------------

"If you edit a project, it's not a good idea to export articles from GSA Content Generator as that program would want to modify existing project files.

You should either enter a dummy article, save, export and edit the project again"

-----------------

i typed into google
    "import gsa content generator into gsa search engine ranker"

first result is this

it says

"with GSA Content Generator, you would sill have to export the made content to GSA Search Engine Ranker (SER). That however is very easy when doing it for already created projects in SER and can even be automated. You export to it and specify the project on a dialog box -> done."

so ive done all the content scraping & went to export to gsa ser.

is it possible to (PLEASE) have the manual because i just want to use the tools .

Then simply save it as it is with a dummy article, export and remove the dummy one as written before.
  • ive just told you i cant do that , this is what i said above -

"i cant, because it wont let me save the project in gsa ser, i explained that above, when i go to export from content generator it asks which project i want to export it to.

the project does not appear in the list because it has not been named because i cant press the "oK" button as explained above."

in order to do what you are saying i have to "name" the project in gsa ser, (in order to export to it) after creating the project in gsa ser i go to press the "OK" button & the screenshot shows the error i get.

also i dont understand what you mean by a "dummy article", ive scraped the content, deleted everything under 50% uniqueness, now i want to export it to gsa ser, i cant.

1. on that screenshot click ADD->Enter Manually
    2. enter "Dummy" as title/body/Summary
    3. click SAVE ->enter project name
    4. go to GSA Content Generator
    5. select project
    6. click export
    7. choose gsa search engine ranker
    8. choose project from 3.
    DONE