Skip to content

Generate titles foreign language

I'm using this tool for other languages than English and all the titles I get all seem directly copied from the sources. Is there a way to generate the titles with keywords inside for all articles? I see that theres a titlegen.dat file in the english folder but how does that work for other languages?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well someone would have to create that file in your language. You can try translating it and manually change/fix things afterwards. Put that file into your lang_data folder and you have that option in your language as well.

If you can, please share this for others, thanks.
  • Alright I think I understand how it works now and I've started creating some custom titlegen files. But how do I force this for all titles? I only see this option when replacing duplicate titles
    Select articles->right mouse click->change title for selected articles->Generate
  • Sven said:
    Select articles->right mouse click->change title for selected articles->Generate
    Oh wow that was easy :) 

I ran into another problem though. If I change the keywords in the project and generate new titles, it seems to always use the initial keywords used when scraping, and not the current ones in the project.

Thanked by 1710fla
    It should ask you about noun/verb to use and then create a whole mix of articles with the keywords defined in settings.
  • Yes but when i choose "change title for selected articles" to generate all the titles, and if I have changed the keywords in the project, it doesn't use the current keywords. It seem to always use the initial keywords used for the project.
    of course you need to repeat the procedure if you have changed the keyword.
  • Ok but that doesn't really make sense. What if I import articles, what keywords will be used to generate titles then?
    the keywords you have in project settings?
  • Yes, that's what I mean. I just realized the keywords update correctly if you restart the software. Not a big deal but I don't believe that's how it's intended to work.
    edited February 2020
    Ahh yes you are right...thats indeed something I need to fix have fixed for next update.
    I guess you don't want to share your custom titlegen.dat file?
  • Well I don't know if they are up to any standards. All I did was run it through google translate and fixed some formatting in notepad. It took like a minute and is nowhere "good" but works for my current project. If anyone wants it or need help recreating it for their language feel free to hit me up.
    /me hit's you up!
  • hehe heres one for SV
    Thanked by 1Sven
  • I will use this topic for another issue regarding the new titlegen in decorations. It's great that you implemented it so fast but I can't get it to work. I have checked:

"One variation for all (else mix them in one article)" - what exactly does this do btw?
    "Take generated Titles from Keywords"
    "Use <h2> TAG"

but i find no h2 tags in the articles
    working fore me :/
    could be the reason that the keywords could not be identified as noun/verb...they should appear in the lang_data\*.dat files.
    I think I found the problem...fixed in next update.
  • edited February 2020
    maybe worth mentioning that im not doing english projects

also what does One variation for all (else mix them in one article) mean?