Skip to content

"Recipe" for GSA WC

I use different proxies for scraping and posting, the right ones and the best ones, as recommended. I face the following problem with GSA WC settings

- I use 10 private proxies for posting (MPP) that allows 100 connections
- I use rotating proxies (Storm) for scraping, 40 threads, that allows max 25%, 10 connections

Where to set the allowed threads for scraping and posting? For scraping, in the Tools and for posting in Options? (But there is a "scraping" part within "Options" also... Which is for scraping and posting? There are numbers in the "Options" section for scraping and submission also. How it differs from the Tools/proxies section?) 

Is it the right proportion at all? 
(40 threads/10 connections for scraping (rotating proxies) + 10 private proxies / 100 connections for posting?)

I set "Private" for posting for sure. But for scraping I have to set "Public"? 
If I set "All" here, will that use my private proxies for scraping as well?

If I manually set my rotating proxies as "public", will those be used for scraping only? (If I set "public only" for scraping in the proxy settings?

Options / Misc - timeouts? (http and proxies)

Its really like a "recipe"! Must know everything correctly, to get it eatable :) 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    The only place where you can define the amount of threads to use is globally. There you define how many are for scraping and for check/sending.
    -
    In project options you can only define the usage of proxies.
    -
    Timeout and proxy related settings is also defined globally.
  • topsecrettopsecret London
    edited February 2020
    Thanks, but I am not fully understand it, or I did not ask it the right way. I try again.
    I do not use GSA WC built in proxy scraper, as its better to use paid proxies, as far as I know. So I bought rotating for scraping and privates for posting. I did the following

- I uploaded all my paid proxies and I disabled the built in proxy searching
    - I set my private proxies (for posting) as "private"
    - I set my rotating proxies as "no" (means: not private)
    - I also set Tools/Settings/Scraping...
    - Use proxies for search engines - "Public"
    - Use proxies for parsing/sending - "Private"

... hoping, that with these settings GSA WC will use my uploaded rotating proxies for scraping only and my private proxies for posting only! Am I right thinking like this?

1.) Is there a way within GSA WC to define which of my own, paid, uploaded proxies to use for search and which one for posting?

2.) GSA WC TOOLS is used especially for the built in proxy scraper, or - within its settings/scraping - the showed 2 options (All types/Public/private) for setting the usage of the uploaded proxies as well?

> Am I right thinking like this?
    yes

1) well switch the type to/from public/private and you will use that one for scraping or searching...

2) yes the options you see there are for all the proxies you listed there.
  • Sven said:
    > Am I right thinking like this?
    yes

1) well switch the type to/from public/private and you will use that one for scraping or searching...

2) yes the options you see there are for all the proxies you listed there.
    If I set my rotating proxies as "no" (means public) and scraping as "public only", GSA WC stops working, whichever rotating proxy provider I use (whitelisted VPS IP) If I buy separate rotating proxies for scraping, I would not burn my private proxies for scraping. ("All types" for scraping) I could not find any other settings to force using rotate proxies, as usually (like in Scrapebox, where all these rotating proxies work well for the same task) I am playing with it for many days now. Can you pls help me?
    sounds more easy if you give me direct access to that vps and we try to fix it there.
  • Sven said:
    sounds more easy if you give me direct access to that vps and we try to fix it there.
    Sent you in PM. Thanks
    Configure it as seen above.

• Thanks, it would be very clear like this, ("use private proxies for scraping and public proxies for sending) if Loopline did not say the opposite :) www. blackhatworld. com/seo/gsa-website-contact-automatically-send-your-product-service-to-1-000s-of-contact-forms-discount.1003864/page-36 

OR, does your picture means that my rotating / backconnect proxies are that I have to set as "private" and for example MPP private proxies to set as "public" and use them like on the picture above?...
    Thats just a sample. What you define as type 1 (public) or type 2 (private) is really up to you.