Skip to content

Macro to mix articles

Hi @Sven,
Is there a macro that pulls sentences from files in a folder and makes articles from them? The same way as SER Article Manager does when mixing sentences or paragraphs. I haven't found a macro in the manual but there are others that aren't there either.
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you could try this:

1. in article manager use macros to pull content from file/folder
      use %spinfile-c:\articles\xyz.txt% or %spinfolder-c:\articles\% in article body alone
    2. use the option to mixarticles in article manager

• In the preview I see nothing only the link placed into the previewed article.
    hit preview next to the mixing option.
  • Yes, I did that. Both preview gets me the same results if any of the mixing options are enabled. Only a link in the preview window. I tried adding two articles with macros that pull from different directories but that yielded the same results too.
    can you post a screenshot of how it looks now?
    seems only to be an issue on the preview...I have fixed this on next update. Though it should work fine when submitting.
  • Ok then. Thanks!

• KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited February 2020
    @Sven

Hello, can a macro use a text file (one sentence per line) to make an article? and of course delete the line used. What would be the maximum weight of this file.txt? 100mo? 1GB? 10 go?
    How to tell him to take a random number of sentences? (controlling the minimum and maximum).
    A macro with %spinfiledelete% does not exists, just %spinfolderdelete%. That would not wast resources as the other one as taking out one line from a file would require SER to rewrite the whole file. You should really use that spinfolderdelete with spinned file content.
    Thanked by 1Kaine
    Yes I understand, but I want to be sure I make 0 duplicate content. Currently I use a program that takes line by line and builds my articles. 1 text file for an article (no spin). This represents 1 to 2 gigabytes of really unique large items for my T1.
  • I do something similar because I can't put spin syntax into the articles. I generate thousands of articles and make SER delete them once posted. Recently Sven pointed out that this is not really resource effective and I moved the articles into SER. In a way it's better because SER can tell me if more articles needed while otherwise I had to check the folder every so often.
    This could be a problem when using spinfiledelete macro as well. You don't know when the sentences disappear. Otherwise it would be a useful macro especially for foreign language projects where spin syntax is not available.
    Thanked by 1Kaine
    edited February 2020
    Maybe grab all successful texte (row) and delete all used of the first biggest master :)
    Personally i make a good master of original sentence 5-10 mo. After i do cleaning at hand for quality/syntaxe and use Markov for generate hudge giga file, dedupe and randomise.