Skip to content

Question about speed setting on internal proxy server.

Hello,

I recently set up the internal proxy server and set the minimum speed to 0.080 thinking that the software would only serve up proxies that run as fast or faster than 0.080.  However, when I check the speed of the "current proxy" that is displayed in the box its speed is not even close to what I have set - it is much slower.  How do I set the program up to only utilize proxies that have speeds that meet my criteria?

Thank you.
Yocco

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    How do you check the speed?
  • I'm just checking it against the speed that is listed in ProxyScraper.  See screenshot below.  You will notice that I have the speed set to 0.080 but when you look at proxy 178.151.24.64 which is listed in the current proxy box you will notice that the speed is 0.141.  The speed is not that far off in this example but I've seen bigger discrepancies when I checked earlier.  Thank you in advance for your advice.

Yocco
    A slower proxy is only used if no other is available that would match your settings. Are there actually proxies with that low speed-value?
  • Hello, yes several - see screenshot below.
    how do you access the internal server? Over what protocol (web, connect, socks...)?
  • I'm not sure I'm following you here... I just pull up ProxyScraper and look at the data.  The machine that is running ProxyScraper is running VPN.  Does that make a difference?
    What program uses that internal proxy server...how did you add it there?
    VPN: oh, yes that makes a difference...the timings would increase then.
  • YoccoYocco USA
    edited January 2020
    I'm using ProxyScraper in conjunction with Zennolab Capmonster.  I'll try removing VPN to see if results change.  

I am confused about one thing though which maybe you can provide some guidance.  Why would it matter what program I am using to access the internal proxy server?  I can see that VPN might slow things down but the program accessing the proxies shouldn't have an effect on proxy speed correct?
    The way it accesses the proxy server has some influences.
    IF you access it by SOCKS,CONNECT protocol, it can not use the WEB proxies as the program does not know what you are going to use it for.

IF you use it as WEB proxy, then it can use all protocols.
  • I'm using it as WEB proxy.  As stated previously I'll try removing VPN for the time being to see if performance is affected.  Thank you.