Skip to content

GSA SER: UTF-8 codepage available for queries and submitting?

majkee97majkee97 Prague, The Capital, Czech Republic
Hello team,
I need to create also the links with anchor texts containing non-english characters (CZ actually, that means ěščřžýáíéúů etc.). Is there any way, how to support these characters in SER when queries against search engines are performed?
Thanks for your answer,
Michal

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    That should not be of any problem. Just a few types of sites don't understand UTF8 and might place the anchor as gibberish or ___ or ???
  • majkee97majkee97 Prague, The Capital, Czech Republic
    edited January 2020
    I have seen in GSA SER, that even during quering search engines, it shows such unreadable and not understandable characters. If these characters are really used during quering the search engines, it strongly limits ammount of sites, that use simillar words on their sites and therefore they cannot be used for posting.
    the log might show chars in wrong encoding, but it should all be fine when the program opens the links in browser.
    Would it be then possible to fine-tune GSA SER's GUI, to support UTF8 cahrcode?
    well it's just the log no?
    If it queries searh engines properly as you say, than I would expect even in app the proper display of the queries to engines.

well I can add a proper display, but each encoding would steal processing time and makes things slower. If I make up a pool/vote, I expect people to vote against it and for a more speedy gui.
    Ok then, if it is only the displaying in app, but the search engines are queried properly, this info is sufficient for me. I am just affraid, that queries are not made exactly, as the keywords are entered...
    double click on the line and it should be displayed correctly in browser.
    edited January 2020
    OK then. Now I am at job, so I will give it a try at home. Thanks.
    I've resolved the call. I just purchased verified site list, so I do not need at this moment to be sure, mine keywords are present on the target URLs.