Skip to content

Any possibility to evaluate / calculate the threads by usage of graphic card?

majkee97majkee97 Prague, The Capital, Czech Republic
Would it be possible to employ the GFX card instead of CPU, for work with threads, like it would be when the video or anything that would require high power of processing can be used?
I just bought this one for video rendering: PNY NVIDIA Quadro P4000, 8GB GDDR5.

Thanks for your answer, eventually to add it to the wishlist.
Regards,
Michal

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    This suggestion comes up once in a while. It really makes no sense doing this as it is no heavy math involved that could need the gpu to do it.
  • majkee97majkee97 Prague, The Capital, Czech Republic
    edited January 2020
    Unless GPA SER would not be causing the freeze of the application itself, I agree with You, that it would not make any sense. Unfortunatelly, the app is freezing quite often, even that I would not specify my HTPC as an old and unusable machine...
    The app is freezing even when I am adding and testing proxies or so, and any other function is not running (and also no other application in my OS is running as well).
    Regards,
    Michal
    Sorry but what does a freeze of the application has to do with using gpu for heavy math calculations?
    If there are freezes, then lets move on to that topic instead and let us see what this is causing? Because it is not a normal situation.

edited January 2020
    So far, I am yet preparing the projects to run. Until now, I have not ran it on this computer. I just tried the demo during summer 2019, so I have decided to purchase GSA SER.
    Even during the older version, the computer was freezing when GSA SER was ran. I will see, what will be the difference, once all is prepared, and I will run the posting. 
    I will let you know about the outcome then. Thanks.
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited January 2020
    No says for others Gsa Softs, but Gpu using for captcha breacher surely do miracle.
    Free cpu usage, Speed, Possibility to make better optimisation on new catpcha (more complexity).
    If you up all captcha definition in Gpu Ram at startup and let's the Gpu do the work, speed would be for surely absolutely amazing.

I think at the minimum, i must be used for Brutforce on new captcha definition.
    Yep, I meant GPU usage for Brute Force in Captcha Breaker mainly. Currently, most of the "unbeatable" captchas are from SMF (complexe). I'd love to give it a try GPU instead of CPU. Any posibility for that? Thanks.
    There is really no need in GPU processing...the tasks that we do here are not heavy calculations nor 3D rendering.