Skip to content

ESET Internet Security blocks GSA SER communication

majkee97majkee97 Prague, The Capital, Czech Republic
edited January 2020 in Other / Mixed
No matter, that the GSA SER is put into the ESET's whitelist off applications, my ESET still reports malicious connectivity - see the attached image. This one shows probably the check of current version, but when I use the Proxy Scraper, it frequently recognize the connection to the bing.com portal as Coin-Miner.JS threat.

If this activity is no harm, I can create the rule within, however I am quite sure, that to contact the ESET with the request to reevaluate the activity sorting, would be from their side considered as something kinda ilegal.

Any clue? 
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited January 2020
    ESET is not really a smart thing. This mentioned site is nothing more than one of ours where update checks are performed. Counting this as malicious is just stupid!

You can try reporting this as false positive but Im afraid they will not listen. There arrogant treatment in the past, when I reported a false positive virus detection just because I used our normal binary protection framework, didn't helps as well.

Thanked by 1majkee97
  • majkee97majkee97 Prague, The Capital, Czech Republic
    Ok, I will do so. Thanks for your point of view.
    Michal
    edited January 2020
    FYI: I have sent to ESET the logs from mine Antivirus/FW solution, and they have answered to me, that the domain for checking the most current version of GSA SER has been unblocked, therefore the ESET should no longer block the communication of GSA SER. I will evaluate this once I will come from the office to home, and we'll see.
    Michal
    Oh thats a surprise really. Thanks you contacted them and reported back.
    I am glad, I helped a little.
    Sven, gues what? It is really fixed, and it does not bug me with warning anymore. I have just updated SER to new version, and ESET does not report anything.
    perfect, thanks for the feedback.