Skip to content

GSA keeps spiking from 10% CPU to 100% CPU.. Why?

I own one of the fastest dedicated servers available and usually my GSA is running at 10% or less CPU but occasionally it is spiking to 100% CPU which is causing a lot of problems and crashing of my DS.  I have GSA even set to only run 100 threads and it is still doing this CPU spiking.  What might be the possible cause of this?  By looking at the logs it appears to be spiking when it is loading url's from the verified sites list but it also might be something else.  Any idea's how to fix this? 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    if you see it hitting 100% cpu, hit the help->create bugreport and send it if its 100%.
    I can then have a look on the threads and where they run at.
  • Thanks Sven.  I just went ahead and submitted the bug report, hopefully you can figure out what is going on so it doesn't keep doing this.
    strange, I didn't get any report!?
  • Just resent it
    finally got the report.
    The issue you have is the amount of memory used...it's to high.
    How many threads do you use?
  • It doesn't make any sense why i would be running into memory issues when my DS has 65,000 memory and an intel xeon 4114 processor with 40 cores.  Even when I run the software at 100 threads or less, it is still giving me this memory popup error because GSA keeps spiking from 20% CPU used to 100% CPU used and I assume when it spikes it also tries to use more memory.
  • 710fla710fla ★ #1 GSA SER VERIFIED LIST serpgrow.com
    Disable the log at the bottom by right clicking it , helps with cpu usage

And run GSA SER as administrator
  • I just figured out what the problem was.  It is because I had over 50k keywords added to the keyword list for a portion of my campaigns.  i have deleted the keywords and now GSA has been running for a whole day and it hasn't been giving me that memory error and my CPU has stayed under 30% consistently which has never happened before.
    hmm but 50k of keywords should not cause much trouble. Can you send me that project backup maybe (if you still have it)?