Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big result difference with and without proxies/ VPN?

ziszis
edited December 2019 in GSA Content Generator
Hi,
I tested GSA CG with Danish language articles, and got following scraping results:

Scraping with enabled proxies 7 articles
Disabled proxies, and enabled my PC VPN 17 articles
Without proxies and without VPN 47 articles

Same keyword, and same setup but big result difference with and without proxies/ VPN, why?

Comments

  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited December 2019
    Hello, Zis.  :)

    I have yet to purchase this program and add it to my GSA set-up, though this will likely be my next step.  So I need to begin learning more about it now.

    However, scraping is the same, no matter what. So my guess:

    The times you scrape with proxies, some proxies may be banned on some SEs. That can limit your results.

    Same may be true for your PC's VPN. Some of the exit gateway IPs may be banned.

    And, without anything, just your bare IP? Your IP isn't banned...yet.

    But if you keep this up, unless you scrape verrrrrrrry S--L--O--W------L------Y...

    You *WILL* get banned as well, then the 47 will go down to ZERO! This is an almost guaranteed eventuality. And, your hosting company may be informed, and then that's another layer of nonsense to deal with. (they can throttle you, shut you off, anything!) So, do so at your own risk!!

    I have limited experience with VPNs, but I did test a (totally garbage) service many years ago. The exit IPs were shared. So, of course they were trashed everywhere. I was trying to use it to post to web 2.0s manually back then, but it was ineffective like 19 out of 20 times... (Doing this hand-posting to web 2.0s again now, no proxies, no VPNs, working just fine.)

    Maybe get better proxies?

    I'd suggest checking GSA CG messages and see what the program tells you. That could provide more definitive answers.
    Thanked by 1zis
  • Deeeeeeee said:
    Hello, Zis.  :)

    I have yet to purchase this program and add it to my GSA set-up, though this will likely be my next step.  So I need to begin learning more about it now.

    However, scraping is the same, no matter what. So my guess:

    The times you scrape with proxies, some proxies may be banned on some SEs. That can limit your results.

    Same may be true for your PC's VPN. Some of the exit gateway IPs may be banned.

    And, without anything, just your bare IP? Your IP isn't banned...yet.

    But if you keep this up, unless you scrape verrrrrrrry S--L--O--W------L------Y...

    You *WILL* get banned as well, then the 47 will go down to ZERO! This is an almost guaranteed eventuality. And, your hosting company may be informed, and then that's another layer of nonsense to deal with. (they can throttle you, shut you off, anything!) So, do so at your own risk!!

    I have limited experience with VPNs, but I did test a (totally garbage) service many years ago. The exit IPs were shared. So, of course they were trashed everywhere. I was trying to use it to post to web 2.0s manually back then, but it was ineffective like 19 out of 20 times... (Doing this hand-posting to web 2.0s again now, no proxies, no VPNs, working just fine.)

    Maybe get better proxies?

    I'd suggest checking GSA CG messages and see what the program tells you. That could provide more definitive answers.

    Hello Deeeeeeee, and thank you for your explanation.
    It will maybe help with some private proxies.
    About "your hosting company may be informed..."
    Do you mean my internet provider?

  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Do you mean my internet provider?

    ugggh  :crazy: 

    Sorry about that. I did mean your ISP. Thanks for correction!







    Thanked by 1zis
  • Deeeeeeee said:
    Do you mean my internet provider?

    ugggh  :crazy: 

    Sorry about that. I did mean your ISP. Thanks for correction!








    OK, thank you :)
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • P.S.
    Is it possible to get quality private proxies with GSA Proxy Scraper for GSA CG, or it's better to purchase it from some private proxy providers?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Best and fastest results are from private bought proxies. However, if you use GSA Proxy Scraper for a longer time, it will find you proxies who are just as good. Though this monitoring of proxies needs time and resources that not everyone has.
  • That's because of quality of proxies. DSL / home internet connection are more trusted than data centers proxies. BTW use private proxies it's better than VPN
    Thanked by 1zis
  • That's because of quality of proxies. DSL / home internet connection are more trusted than data centers proxies. BTW use private proxies it's better than VPN

    OK, thank you!
  • 710fla710fla ★ #1 GSA SER VERIFIED LIST serpgrow.com
    zis said:
    P.S.
    Is it possible to get quality private proxies with GSA Proxy Scraper for GSA CG, or it's better to purchase it from some private proxy providers?

    Better off getting them from private proxy provider. As Sven said after a while with GSA Proxy Scraper you can export proxies that have stayed up for a few days and have a high reliability rate 
    Thanked by 1zis
Sign In or Register to comment.