Skip to content

When to use: Verified Links must have exact URLs

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone in US!  :)

Happy day-before-Black-Friday for everyone else. :) 

You'll likely either be making lots of $$ tomorrow, or getting great deals, so...

Anyway, I see two uses for Verified Links must have exact URLs:

• Tier Projects
  • Projects on big sites like wordpress, Tumbl, Twitter, etc.

Any other uses?

I see projects that I set up as a Tier, but not (initially) created as a tier, do not always have this option checked off and I must do sop manually.

Thanks...

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    This options should only be used for your money site and where your money site is some unique domain, no subdomain on e.g. xyz.wordpress.com.

In very early versions of SER every link was taken to verified that had the domain on it. So Whois sites, statistics or even those only mentioning your domain in text where taken.

This would not make much sense now when you add wordpress.com to your list of verified urls when you are trying to get links to xyz.wordpress.com.

I hope this makes sense now.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    "I hope this makes sense now."

Thanks, Sven...I mostly get it.

But I've already set all tiers to

Verified Links must have exact URL

Should I change it back? I still don't understand why you would want a tier to NOT point at the exact URL?

Thanks...
    What about when you're trying to link to:

twitter.com/account

would you set this, then? Or ONLY when your page is on a sub-domain?

Hitting twitter.com with links or anything else seems wasteful. Thanks.,
    only uncheck this option if you have a domain and you would like links to the root as well.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    Roger, that. ;)

Hmmm. I wonder if I should EVER leave it unchecked, then.

Whenever I backlink a page, I include the root domain as one of the URLs in the project.

For now, I'm leaving it unchecked on such projects, though.

Sven, does that mean that:

the project will be using (additional) engines that can ONLY make a link to the root domain, in addition to engines that can index deep links on whatever page

OR

a percentage of links, from all engines, will be pointed at root?

Just wondering, b/c if I already include the root in URLs to backlink, that may skew the project to have TOO many root links.

Yes; I am thinking too much. :p You know me, tho....once I understand,  I'll be ok!
    basically it's for engines that use URL/domain in the URL. SER can detect such engines by just looking at the imported or found URL.

If it finds that it has an URL or domain as parameter or in path, it will exchange it with your domain/URL and see if that becomes a backlink. Saved as "Whois or Statistics"
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    edited December 2019
    "If it finds that it has an URL or domain as parameter or in path, it will exchange it with your domain/URL and see if that becomes a backlink."

OK, Sven. So if it DOESN'T succeed placing the deep link, then it does not go to the verified list, correct?
    correct
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee