Skip to content

Question about Majestic TF, SE Algos

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited November 2019 in Other / Off Topic
Happy to start a new week...hopefully, we'll all get a lot done!

Anyway, I was looking at domains, for various purposes, using this service.

I noticed that some domains have a Majestic Trust flow of 0, but the pages pointing at them have topical TF. I don't understand why those domains, then, don't show any TF, themselves, if the pages pointing at them, do.

So, what I wanted to know was this:

Is this metric calculated such that it is ONLY additive, or do low-quality  links subtract from the trust flow, also?

And, of course, this is just some company's metric that isn't used by anyone but SEO pplz. More importantly, when it comes to search engines, is THEIR ALGO just additive? Or, are all those low TF backlinks bad, actually negating the links that are good, subtracting from the weight of really weighty links?

Thanks...

Comments

• majestic and ahrefs have nothing to do with G serp. they use internal methodology to create their results. I have spent hours going back and forth with singapore staff at ahrefs. those tools should be used for research only. to find link opportunities, not for their ranking numbers. in the case of ahrefs, they do have excellent link data that you can use for your own site or to research your competitors. Forget about the made-up metrics like TF. They just don't matter. The only thing that matters is your ranking on G. 
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    "majestic and ahrefs have nothing to do with G serp"

Hmm..that's what I started to wonder...

"I have spent hours going back and forth with singapore staff at ahrefs"

Thanks, kindly, for sharing your knowledge on the topics! Very much appreciated!

'Forget about the made-up metrics like TF"

I mostly will. But it's still a good tool to show prospective ppl that your site is a good place to advertise, etc.