Skip to content

Why Is a Page Continuously Going Up, Then Down?

This page has trouble staying high in the SERPs.

In fact, it's been a while since it was top-3 or on page 1 for the KWs I am checking.

It always seems to make it to page 2, but then falls back to 4 or 5.

What brings it back down? Why does it seem to have a weight attached to it???

Comments

• Instable backlinks can do that.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • Competition. No site/page stays in a position without a sustainable effort. Sounds like the page has adequate on-site content since it is P2. Up your off-site game and you should get better results.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    "Up your off-site game and you should get better results. "

I think you are correct.

I recently started taking a way better look at my projects. The extra care, and linking, seems to be working. it's now positon2, page2 and holding. I'll keep up the effort and even expand to new strategy, regarding TONS more web 2.0 at T1 to link to, and possible GSA-Content Generator, tho that last step is probably for after I get the Web 2.0s done.

Thanks for your input! As As always, very much appreciated, Viking!!!!!!! :):):)
  • a huge issue within our community is indexing links. not all indexing services are the same. waiting for tiers to help is not the most effective strategy imo. and paying for non-effective service is a waste of time and resource. i would highly suggest researching and using a good index service. it is one of the few services that is well worth the investment these days. that alone could easily boost you to P1. Good luck.
  • Any service in particular that you would recommend @viking? Or a list of services that wouldn't be a complete waste of resources to test?
  • Can happen due to google updates too.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    "Can happen due to google updates too."

True.

But in this case, I started backlinking more heavily at lower tiers (higher numbers), and both pages in question now teeter between last slot on page 1, and top of page 2 for some main KWs.

So now I'm creating more quality T1 articles, and I'll be re-doing all my GSA projects in January when I have more time to devote to such a task. Most are a wreck.

When I first started with GSA, I thought "kitchen sink! YES!" and little more. Time to re-evaluate everything I run.,.,