Skip to content

How do I separate a project into two?

Hello, all..

I need to break a  project down into two distinct projects:

One will need exact verified URL.

The other won't.

These had been mixed.

If I just copy the first project, remove the non-verify URLs from one, and leave them in the other, will ALL the URLs still verify even if they are in the OTHER list? Or will each project verify based on whatever's left in each list?

I don't know how SER verifies.

Also, the project has tiers...so..If I just copy and split URLs as described above, will the tiers that no longer match up be removed from each?

Thanks.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    If tiers use the "reverify" option, they will all remove the links again if the main project no longer holds a verified url they build a link to.

What you can do however is: adding the two projects as main project for the tier. That way, it will again check both main projects and not remove links now.

--

The verification will work fine on a split project.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Hmm...

But then the higher tiers will be building links to BOTH original projects, no?

I want to keep everything separated.

So I want to try this:

OK, I restored the original project (from  the AM backup :p with its original name..wow the backups allow me to mess with stuff more w/o caring!!)

So if I took the original (restored) project, duplicated it...

Then removed the 301 links from one (which can receive, and the Twitter links from the other,

won't each project, when I re-verify higher tiers, just remove the higher tier links that no longer go to the missing URLs in each new sub-project?

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    yes, those links will get removed.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    OK, that's what I will do, then. :)