Skip to content

Why do some URLs remain after Verification?

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited November 2019 in GSA Search Engine Ranker
I mean URLs that are marked [ awaiting account verification ] ?

Shouldn't they all have been flushed if no email exists, after checking email for registration correspondence?

Or, are engines set that they only get removed after X days, and that condition hasn't yet been met?

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comments

• Silly question but do you have "Don't remove URLs (check hint)" disabled?
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Not a silly question! I have been using GSA blindly for years!

But [] Don't remove URLs (check hint) is NOT checked.

Is that the cause of the issue?
    Hmm..I tested by checking the box and then running Verification again....

Still didn't remove URLs?....
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    It's like this...
    SER checks the email account for a set time (defined in script) for links/logins/passwords sent. It will then try to login and submit. If that was successful, it will remove the url from submitted.

It will keep the url in the list if it failed in the hope that the sent email was not the right one we where waiting for (e.g. only an email as "thanks for signing up, we will send you the login data after manual approval").

Anyway, the url will be removed, but it can take some time till that happens.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    I have to take a better look at the engines.

Getting there.  Very soon! In the meantime, I finally learned how to use GSASER in a far more meaningful way!! :)

Of course, thanks in no small part to your help Sven, along with your very helpful community of users here!!!!!!
    edited November 2019
    ;minutes to wait after each verification check<br>verify interval=30<br>;when to give up checking for the set link in minutes (in this case 5 days)<br>verify timeout=60<br>first verify=0
    Just confused..if it's 5 days should it be 60*24*5??
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    thats a left-over from a previous template...the comment does no longer stand for the actual value used in the line below.