Skip to content

How Do I Run Projects With The Project Scheduler?

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited November 2019 in Need Help
I've always run either manually (doing other tasks while SER runs and manually switch out projects in sets) or just running many projects at once.

A while back, I was advised that running fewer projects at a time will yield different results, in terms of which engines will be posted to. Was there any truth to that?

Obviously, having the projects divided into sets will not strain system resources.

My only issue with running this way: Whichever projects are run last may be over my day-limits for external CAPTCHA solvers (or even per-solve CAPTCHAs that are then depleted, funds-wise)  Running everything at once, this isn't an issue.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

Would there be any way to assign projects to groups, so I can get those that really are a priority, in terms of limited CAPTCHA resources, to go first?

Is there a TEMP file that shows which projects have been run already?

Speaking of that, is there a GSASER textual link statistics page for each day? I know there's the diagrams and charts...

But i just mean like simply:

project:     Submitted:     Verified:    Run:                       
Test         15235             424           5:00Pm - 7:59 PM
Test 2      13                   1               5:00Pm - 7:59 PM
Test 3      133                 32             5:00Pm - 7:59 PM

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Could the Projects just display a different background color if they've already been run (and set active)? Then, at least, if I have to interrupt the auto project scheduler, and want to run manually, it will be easier to know what still needs time to run.

(Like with a lot of ideas, I don't really know GSASER like some users, and of course, its creator, Sven. So I understand I  may, in time, find this is unnecessary. )

Also, only if I limit daily activity does the auto-run ever finish?

There's no way to finish if just running projects in sets once all have had time to run?

If I just divide my projects into sets, after running them all, does it begin again at the first set?

I know SER is keeping track of what's run. I don't know if it's entirely random which runs first, or run-order, (maybe SER weights projects to decide?? dunno!) but I am guessing Sven has made it so a project that's run  isn't going to run again before one that hasn't.

Lots of Questions.

Have a good weekend, GSA users!

Have a good weekend, Sven!
    edited November 2019
    So far, can say that I get more links created running fewer projects in batches....