Skip to content

No Connect Proxies. Anything else I need to know for use with ScrapeBox?

OK. I was using an add-on for SB I recently bought the license for.

And...my IP was getting shut off.

I finally remembered today that SB doesn't work with some kind of proxies...checked and it's CONNECT.

So, is there anything else I need to know when  checking?

Maybe a feature request?

Have multiple assignable proxy sets in GSA Proxy Scraper so different ports can use different proxies among the total working list?

So one port can be all GOOGLE-passed  for SER scraping, or just anon for SER posting, and another port could be all GOOGLE-passed (minus CONNECT) for SB? Etc...

Also, using GSA software, my IP hasn't been shut again...except when I turned up the threads on PS to check working proxies. I'm going to wait a bit before doing that manually (before a SER run) again...

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited November 2019
    ".except when I turned up the threads on PS to check working proxies"

Would using a proxy to check proxies (newer option) help prevent this in future>?>
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes thats the way to go if you have issues with proxy testing and your provider.
    However, for SB I would simply export the proxies that SB understands (all but CONNECT and all with IP, skip proxies with a domain). That way it would speed things up even more for SB.
    Thanks, Sven. :) I was upset b/c I didn't want to get my IP banned with SB and I had forgotten all about SB not accepting CONNECT proxies.

"export the proxies that SB understands (all but CONNECT and all with IP, skip proxies with a domain)."

OK. I am trying, but failing, to find a way to select ONLY certain proxy types, or to exclude others.

Actually, Sven, I can't even find the option to ONLY select working proxies! :(

I've been looking fora while now. Checked every menu. I know I must be missing the obvious, and it's more fun to find the answer myself, but now I just am clueless.

How do I select other than CTRL-A?

I see Select by Tag, but not Select By Type or Select Working/Nonworking.

Thanks, kindly!

You should create an export template for this. There you can set up filters for the export file (exclude CONNECT as well as only export IPs and no domains).
    Hmm..OK...I tried the EXport button at the top (program controls) pane, and the drop-down displays a choice of filetypes.

Once I select one, a box pops up:
    What to export
    Choose the proxies to export
    All  Highlighted Working Not Working Cancel

naw, define some export in options first (https://docu.gsa-online.de/proxy_scraper/options#automatic_export), it will also show in that menu then.
    OK! Cool. I should have picked one...I'd have seen that menu next! >_<

BTW, what is an "unknown" proxy type?

Is it like a custom packet that WORKS as an anon proxy, but isn't recognizable as  any of the known and defined proxy types? Like someone defined their own protocol/modified existing?

Also how do we define how often this gets saved? Is it saved at every test that's run?

Thanks.

I found interval can be modified.
    File Export to "ScrapeBox-Proxies" successful with 6250 Proxies.

But what directory is it placed in as a default?

OK; I had to specify a directory, else it won't save. There is no default I guess?
    OK; working properly now! Thanks! :):):):):):)
    UNKNOWN proxy type are basically all proxies that never have been tested before. By default you would export only working proxies, but if you e.g. import proxies manually or add them manually and never test them, you have an UNKNOWN proxy type.

OK; I think it's set up OK now.

But one question...and I had this even whenI was playing with SB a few years ago..

Why do somany proxies that pass anon and gogle anon with SER internal proxy checker or GSA Proxy Scraper end up NOT being valid after testing, when imported and tested, with SB?

I'm not going to load them again and again; I have it set to just look at the file created by PS, and update at set time increment to keep it current.

Thanks.....
    Hard to say, many of the proxies might really be down again due to being overused.

CONNECT proxies are not working in SB so if you filter that out, it should be kind of only come to the reason above. You can also try using the scrapebox-test script in Proxy Scraper as well.
    "Hard to say, many of the proxies might really be down again due to being overused."

Hmm...I'm not certain, but I think SB is wrong. It claimed only a handful of proxies were still working, when  GSa proxy Server retest showed the majority!

OK. I will re-test and see.

I can run concurrent tests with GSA-PS and SB proxy checker module on the non-CONNECT proxies.