Skip to content

Captcha service by project

Is there a way I can use different type of captcha service for project instead of having to select a global one?

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited November 2019
    When you open a project select OPTIONS tab at the top.

The second line down, where you see
    [✔] Ask all services/user to fill captchas in BLUE click it.

It will cycle thru
    [✔] Ask first service/user to fill captchas

[✔] Ask 2nd service/user to fill captchas

[✔] Ask all services to fill captchas

[✔] Ask user only to fill captchas

and then finally

[✔] Ask user/services in custom order

But why not set a global setting, also, just in case you forget to set a specific GSA project?

• For most of my projects I use comb of xevil and CB but want to test a specific project using a captcha service only and of course I dont want the other projects using the service too or I will be broke
  • Now I have another question. If I have set the global captcha setting, and if select a different one for the project it will ignore the global one?
    edited November 2019
    Yes. The global settings do not over-ride the individual project settings.

I  think? Someone please verify for us! :| I don't want to steer you wrong, and I *thought* so but maybe I am wrong,

You can test for yourself and report back...I can't right this minute.
  • Thanks for replying guess, i can test and check if that is true
    edited November 2019
    It doesn't make sense that the global captcha settings override a project you need a specific captcha setup for.

Plus, I'm pretty sure the per-project captchas were added later and at one point it was JUST the global settings. So, I think it is true that the projects over-ride global settings, and not the other way around. Still haven't checked to be sure, it was what I have worked thinking was true, tho...but it makes sense...
  • Not sure if I'm mistaken but so far the global is overwriting my project setting
    As far as I can tell, you're right. :)

Maybe having a checkbox so that a project's settings can override global setting for CAPTCHAs might make sense in some situations??